Tonight I was listening to multichannel music via Roon on my Salkstream III. Everything was working fine until I tried to play another multichannel SACD file that I've played many times before. On the first track it would play about 15 seconds then skip to the next track. This happened every time I tried to play the first track. I rebooted the Salkstream, but it still did the same thing on that track. Thinking the file was messed up, using my Windows 10 PC, I deleted the SACD file from the Salkstream, did a Library Cleanup in Roon, then transferred the file again to the Salkstream from the original rip I have saved on my PC. Oddly, the transfer stopped a few times before completing. After a few attempts, the file finally transferred successfully.
Now when I try to bring up Roon using my iPad, iPhone, or PC, it won't connect to the Roon Core on the Salkstream. Roon sees the Salkstream, tries to connect, but then says connection failed. I tried rebooting the Salkstream a few times, and rebooted my router, but still cannot connect to the Roon Core.
Something odd I've noticed; the Salkstream is now taking MUCH longer to reboot than normal. Normally it would reboot within 2 minutes, but now it's taking 5 minutes or more to reboot. Once it does reboot, I can access the files on it from my PC, and even play files stored on the Salkstream using another program on my PC, Airplay works from my iPad and iPhone, but still cannot connect to the Roon Core.