Will the NX-Extreme fit my room

Martin-Andersen

Will the NX-Extreme fit my room
« on: 17 Oct 2020, 08:30 am »
I want to be sure that the NX-Extreme will work well in my room.
My room is not very large but the sealing are high.

My room has more treatment today than on the pictures. Very happy with the end result.
Maybe the OBs will need less bass traps and more diffusing on the backwall but I can fix that.

What I can't fix is the dimension of the room and I can't put them more than 4' from the wall, maybe 5' but that's top because I have to move my sofa to close to the back wall.

I would also like to get advise about the subs. Should I use 2 or 3 drivers?

« Last Edit: 18 Oct 2020, 07:18 am by Martin-Andersen »

Rock Ball

Re: Will the NX-Extreme fit my room
« Reply #1 on: 17 Oct 2020, 07:16 pm »
That is an interesting shaped room.  How do your speakers sound?  I was thinking about those before I built my NX-Tremes.

The front of my NX-Tremes are 5 ft (1.5m) from the back wall, and 8 ft (2.4m) to my head. I think they sound great in that position.

Were you planning to build two OB subs to go with the NX-Tremes?

hawkeyejw

« Reply #2 on: 18 Oct 2020, 02:41 am »
One thing to keep in mind is that the 3 ft spacing is from the baffle, so you would be able to start with them not much further than where it looks like your current speakers are, and pull them forward a bit at a time until you have the just right.

Martin-Andersen

« Reply #3 on: 18 Oct 2020, 07:16 am »
One thing to keep in mind is that the 3 ft spacing is from the baffle, so you would be able to start with them not much further than where it looks like your current speakers are, and pull them forward a bit at a time until you have the just right.

I always measure from the front of the speaker because that's where the acoustic center are located.
So 4' are from the front to the back

Martin-Andersen

« Reply #4 on: 18 Oct 2020, 07:36 am »
That is an interesting shaped room.  How do your speakers sound?  I was thinking about those before I built my NX-Tremes.

The front of my NX-Tremes are 5 ft (1.5m) from the back wall, and 8 ft (2.4m) to my head. I think they sound great in that position.

Were you planning to build two OB subs to go with the NX-Tremes?

The DI are very very good speakers, can only recommend them.
And the sounds very good in my room now. But it took a lot of acoustic treatment to get it right. (not on the pictures)

So why am I about to build the NX-Tremes? Like Monty Python ones said "now for something completely different"
Like the DI the NX-Tremes are fascinating and different, just got to try it :wink:

Also I just bought a used LM-845 premium and like many 300B tube amps it's a little weak in the bass region. But incredible from 100hz and up.
So I was thinking a combination of active subs and an easy driven pair of speakers would be the perfect match for my amp 

Yes I am planing on building the subs. But I will start with NX-Tremes, if I like them I buy the subs.
It's extra expensiv for me because I live in Denmark and have to add 30% on top of every dollar, also shipping, yes that's right  :duh:

I will never be able to move them 1.5m out in the room hope that 1m will do it.
Are you living in Europe? you used the metrics system

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #5 on: 18 Oct 2020, 04:41 pm »
I heard the DI's at RMAF, they are OK speakers but no where near as good as the NX-Treme, IMO.

Martin-Andersen

« Reply #6 on: 18 Oct 2020, 08:33 pm »
I don't think you can judge any speaker at a show.

Anyway have you own a pair of NX-Treme? or maybe heard them at a friends house?

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #7 on: 18 Oct 2020, 09:19 pm »
I don't think you can judge any speaker at a show.

Anyway have you own a pair of NX-Treme? or maybe heard them at a friends house?

He's actually listened to Danny's pair of NX-tremes and written a whole review on them (as well as the Otics, Studios, Super Minis & Line force in other threads)

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=167155.0

Martin-Andersen

« Reply #8 on: 18 Oct 2020, 09:50 pm »
He's actually listened to Danny's pair of NX-tremes and written a whole review on them (as well as the Otics, Studios, Super Minis & Line force in other threads)

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=167155.0

Then I guess he knows what he is talking about :D

Am I wrong or have very few people build the NX-tremes?