NX-Treme minimum distances from the back wall

Martin-Andersen

NX-Treme minimum distances from the back wall
« on: 15 Oct 2020, 08:28 pm »
I want to know if I can use the NX-Treme if I can only place the 4' away from the back wall measured from the front

Danny Richie

Re: NX-Treme minimum distances from the back wall
« Reply #1 on: 15 Oct 2020, 10:15 pm »
Not a problem.

Keep in mind though that you won't want to have a bare wall back there.

Argoncat

« Reply #2 on: 16 Oct 2020, 12:35 am »
I love the visual appearance of the extremes, is there a minimum room size under which these 86” beauties are “too much”. I have a 11x14 dedicated space and aside from the overly dominant visual effect of the extremes are the front of the room, am I undermining the performance?  40” off the wall is ok, it where my studios reside now.

Danny Richie

« Reply #3 on: 16 Oct 2020, 12:39 am »
I love the visual appearance of the extremes, is there a minimum room size under which these 86” beauties are “too much”. I have a 11x14 dedicated space and aside from the overly dominant visual effect of the extremes are the front of the room, am I undermining the performance?  40” off the wall is ok, it where my studios reside now.

Open baffle speakers are in some ways more room friendly that typical boxed speakers so long as you can get them out into the room.

The room can be loaded more evenly and not over pressurized like a boxed speaker.

You still need room treatments to make it work though. 

Argoncat

« Reply #4 on: 16 Oct 2020, 09:50 pm »
If the M165NQ driver are ideal for open baffle designs and with the fact that they are a truly amazing driver (in my NX studio's) then why doesn't the NX-Ottica or NX-treme use 7 or 10 of the M165NQ drivers respectively rather than the M165?  The M165NQ appears to similar low end performance the the M165,..  Is an all M165NQ NX-Treme possible?

Danny Richie

« Reply #5 on: 22 Oct 2020, 10:06 pm »
If the M165NQ driver are ideal for open baffle designs and with the fact that they are a truly amazing driver (in my NX studio's) then why doesn't the NX-Ottica or NX-treme use 7 or 10 of the M165NQ drivers respectively rather than the M165?  The M165NQ appears to similar low end performance the the M165,..  Is an all M165NQ NX-Treme possible?

The standard M-165 is better suited for the lower end application. It has a lower FS and is more of a woofer. The NQ driver was designed more around mid-bass and having higher sensitivity.

And using all NQ drivers on the NX-Treme would be really pricey.