Review of Hapa Quiesence Silver Interconnect

S Clark

• Volunteer
  • a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
Review of Hapa Quiesence Silver Interconnect
« on: 5 Oct 2020, 04:16 pm »
Over the past week  I’ve enjoyed auditioning one of Jason Wong's new Hapa Audio cables. I requested the Quiesence Silver in 1.5 meter length.   To cut to the chase, these are excellent, true high end cables that will complement the best of gear. https://hapaaudio.com/product/quiescence-rca-silver/

I put these in my small room system simply because it’s easier to get to the back of the equipment than my main room system… and because of neat feature on a Virtue Piano cd player.  It has two outputs, so two cables can be put installed, and a quick and identical comparison can be made by simply switching the preamp from Aux 1 to Aux 2.  The rest of the gear was a Dodd battery preamp, a Folsom amp on batteries, and a pair of GR-Research X-Static speakers. 
Music selections were from Jennifer Warnes, Vienna Teng, Lyle Lovette,  Windham Hill piano artist,  Vaughn-Williams’  Variations on a Theme by Thomas Tallis on Telarc, and  Gershwin’s  Concerto in F and American in Paris on RCA- all chosen for specific challenges.
Over the week, 4 other cables were compared directly to the Quiesence S cable.  The challengers included three well  known cables and one local cable that has shown well in the past. 
My notes on the Hapa cables include “crisp attack on keystrike”  “instrumental groups easily placed” “vocals nuanced, breathing spaces clearly noted”   “woodwind solo clear and precisely imaged”  “trumpet tone realistic”.   For the  most part the challengers didn’t challenge… not even a cable that was used several years ago in a RMAF room that was at the very top of the critics choices.  In short, Jason’s new cable is not just another cable, but an amazingly excellent product for his first venture into the very crowded realm of commercial cables.  I have simply nothing negative to report.  And yet, the Quiesence Silver cable placed a very, very close second.  In my system, a set of Wywires Silver cables had an edge on trailing decay,  and a bit of clarity on the attack of vocals and percussive notes. Note that these are areas of strength in the Q.S. cable, I just preferred the Wywires by a hair.  The cables that are probably the best comparison to the Q.S. cables are the KCI Silkworms that I had in my system for a while.  A conversation with Jason revealed that he has another optional connecter (and the supplied low mass connecter by Mr. Eichmann is excellent) that picks up detail just a bit more.
These are simply excellent cables, far superior to most of the commercial products that I’ve listened to over the years. 

Pez

Re: Review of Hapa Quiesence Silver Interconnect
« Reply #1 on: 8 Oct 2020, 05:26 pm »
Scott,
Thanks for taking the time to give your impressions and for being my first reviewer!  :thumb:

S Clark

• Volunteer
  • a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
Re: Review of Hapa Quiesence Silver Interconnect
« Reply #2 on: 8 Oct 2020, 07:22 pm »
My pleasure.  And I'll add that I've kept it a few days longer  :oops: to put it in my vinyl rig.  Very nice  :thumb: