Are the Bryston 4b-ST and Lexicon 225 the same?

piercejohnston

Are the Bryston 4b-ST and Lexicon 225 the same?
« on: 29 Sep 2020, 10:51 pm »
Hello Everyone!

I'm new to this forum. I just purchased a pair of ProAc Studio 100s and I am currently on the search for an amp to power them. A couple friends with who also have a pair have recommended a 4B-ST or a SST. I read that the Lexicon 225 is just the 4B-ST but with a Lexicon faceplate, is that right? I found a lexicon 225 near me for a pretty good price and was thinking of buying it. I just wanted to double check with people who know more than me about this subject.

Thank you!

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Are the Bryston 4b-ST and Lexicon 225 the same?
« Reply #1 on: 30 Sep 2020, 03:29 am »
Hello Everyone!

I'm new to this forum. I just purchased a pair of ProAc Studio 100s and I am currently on the search for an amp to power them. A couple friends with who also have a pair have recommended a 4B-ST or a SST. I read that the Lexicon 225 is just the 4B-ST but with a Lexicon faceplate, is that right? I found a lexicon 225 near me for a pretty good price and was thinking of buying it. I just wanted to double check with people who know more than me about this subject.

Thank you!

Hi

There are some small differences but we built the Lexicon 225 for them.

james

piercejohnston

Re: Are the Bryston 4b-ST and Lexicon 225 the same?
« Reply #2 on: 5 Oct 2020, 05:52 pm »
Hi

There are some small differences but we built the Lexicon 225 for them.

james

Thanks James! I found a 4B-ST that was priced pretty nicely compared to the Lexicon 225 that I was looking at, I am picking it up today. Thank you for your answer, I really appreciate it!