The Fabulous Silversmith Fidelium Speaker Cable

Big Red Machine

Re: The Fabulous Silversmith Fidelium Speaker Cable
« Reply #40 on: 21 Nov 2020, 08:04 pm »
 :bowdown:

twitch54

« Reply #41 on: 21 Nov 2020, 08:56 pm »
So here are my cable lifters that go between my Pass Labs INT-250 and my GoldenEar Triton Reference speakers. I had a local glass artist make them and each one is as much an art piece as functional. Please forgive the wire clutter as I am in the process of upgrading some components.

very 'purdy' !   :D

eichlerera1

« Reply #42 on: 25 Nov 2020, 04:33 am »
A tweak that improved the sound:The Enacom Noise Filter (speaker type).
Placed across the speaker terminals (across the tweeter terminals if you bi-wire), I heard an improvement in the critical Upper Midrange/ Lower Treble response.
Sweeter, but with added clarity.
Note: Do not attach this device between the Fidelium and the speaker post. This defeats the purpose of the cable's novel direct interconnect topology.
With my Edison Price terminal posts, I was able to jam the two Enacom leads into it's open top, thus avoiding contacting the Fidelium itself.
If you don't have this capability, I would recommend not doing it.
The Enacoms are pretty cheap on EBAY and as such are worth a shot.

DavidKesner

« Reply #43 on: 25 Nov 2020, 02:14 pm »
Not sure how you are connecting. Can you share an image?

eichlerera1

« Reply #44 on: 25 Nov 2020, 03:44 pm »
Not sure how you are connecting. Can you share an image?

For instance, some speaker terminals have the option of a lug connection and a banana jack connection.
Connect the Fidelium to the lug connection and the Enacom to the banana jack connection.

Mike B.

« Reply #45 on: 25 Nov 2020, 03:49 pm »
Enacom and others are simple RF filters that typically use a cap and resistor across the plus and minus terminals. A inductor might also be part of the filter. Some SS amps have the filter on their speaker outputs also.

TomS

« Reply #46 on: 25 Nov 2020, 04:00 pm »
Enacom and others are simple RF filters that typically use a cap and resistor across the plus and minus terminals. A inductor might also be part of the filter. Some SS amps have the filter on their speaker outputs also.
Known as a Zobel network, sometimes on the amp sometimes on the speaker.

Good article explaining theory and practice https://audioxpress.com/article/voice-coil-lab-notes-improved-zobel-network

DavidKesner

« Reply #47 on: Yesterday at 08:02 pm »
Just got the rest of my custom made glass cable lifters installed. They work great for these cables.