NFL 2020-2021

jjss49

Re: NFL 2020-2021
« Reply #100 on: 8 Jan 2021, 04:35 pm »
I couldn't agree more 'LIR', amazing how the Eagles have fallen from grace since the Super Bowl. Sadly it's also a statement about Philly pro sports, this town has not had a repeat champion in over 45 years.......

some tv commentator summed it up... some organizations do not know how to handle success...

regarding the steelers... i agree they are not a great football team, as a number of flaws have been exposed in the last few weeks.  that been said, never underestimate the heart of a champion... speaking of big ben... for all his faults, on any given sunday he can beat you

rodge827

« Reply #101 on: 8 Jan 2021, 05:03 pm »
It the Playoffs Baby! New season anything can happen! Especially with C19 as an XFactor!

stlrman

« Reply #102 on: 9 Jan 2021, 07:50 pm »
Bills game is GREAT!!
Josh Allen is freakin awesome , against the great Phillip Rivers !! Awesomeness!!

jcsperson

« Reply #103 on: 9 Jan 2021, 08:14 pm »
The football media has painted the Bills to be 10 feet tall. I think they're good, not great. I think Indy might win this game.

stlrman

« Reply #104 on: 9 Jan 2021, 10:32 pm »
Rams and Seattle both look like SHIT !!!!

FireGuy

« Reply #105 on: 9 Jan 2021, 10:57 pm »
The football media has painted the Bills to be 10 feet tall. I think they're good, not great. I think Indy might win this game.

Yes, media has painted them 10 feet high... but they played great to earn it.  No guarantees in the playoffs.  Indy could have won.  Refs got that fumble totally wrong.  WTF?  I almost tossed in my beer.  Here's to those responsible for that asinine call to working the freshman teams.

jcsperson

« Reply #106 on: 10 Jan 2021, 12:50 am »
Stick a fork in the Seahawks. They played an anemic game. I hope that's the worst game of the weekend and there are closer and better-played games ahead.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #107 on: 10 Jan 2021, 05:02 am »
I couldn't agree more 'LIR', amazing how the Eagles have fallen from grace since the Super Bowl. Sadly it's also a statement about Philly pro sports, this town has not had a repeat champion in over 45 years.......

Then again, remind me when the Bills last won a superbowl.  Maybe Buffalo's major league baseball team won a world series lately, that's right, don't have one.  Perhaps their Basketball team has reached the NBA finals, nope?   But the Sabres have pulled it out at least once, right?  No?  Perhaps people living in the dreggs of sports infamy shouldn't be throwing stones from their glass houses, just sayin.

jjss49

« Reply #108 on: 10 Jan 2021, 05:03 am »
rams defense is something... too bad they are utterly hapless on offense

nice to see tb gronk etc etc on bucs win one, but against the saints or pack tom better put up 60 - cuz their d will likely give up 50...

bills won, josh allen is awesome... but they don't stand a chance against the chiefs

end of the day, wildcard games rarely produce a champ
« Last Edit: 12 Jan 2021, 03:57 am by jjss49 »

Stercom

« Reply #109 on: 10 Jan 2021, 01:29 pm »
Heinicke made himself a few million dollars last night. If Washington doesn't sign him to a middle level contract then some other team will;  Aaron Donald has broken ribs, Wolford out with a neck injury, Goff just had surgery on his thumb and Kupp strained a knee....but they won!; Indianapolis put-up a fight but it wasn't enough - that might be it for Rivers.  All the games were good on Saturday!

And there are three more playoff games today!!!!!! :popcorn:

charmerci

« Reply #110 on: 10 Jan 2021, 03:00 pm »
Heinicke made himself a few million dollars last night. If Washington doesn't sign him to a middle level contract then some other team will;  Aaron Donald has broken ribs, Wolford out with a neck injury, Goff just had surgery on his thumb and Kupp strained a knee....but they won!; Indianapolis put-up a fight but it wasn't enough - that might be it for Rivers.  All the games were good on Saturday!
And there are three more playoff games today!!!!!! :popcorn:

They certainly are a good distraction with what's going on these days.

Stercom

« Reply #111 on: 10 Jan 2021, 03:17 pm »

They certainly are a good distraction with what's going on these days.
No doubt.

twitch54

« Reply #112 on: 10 Jan 2021, 06:44 pm »
Then again, remind me when the Bills last won a superbowl.  Maybe Buffalo's major league baseball team won a world series lately, that's right, don't have one.  Perhaps their Basketball team has reached the NBA finals, nope?   But the Sabres have pulled it out at least once, right?  No?  Perhaps people living in the dreggs of sports infamy shouldn't be throwing stones from their glass houses, just sayin.

Apples to oranges comparison IMO. Bflo, a small city that just happens to have a couple of major league sport teams. Philly, while shrinking in population is still considered a 'major' league town. So with that can you name me one city with four teams(continuous) since the beginning of the Super Bowl era with less Championships ?

For the record while Bflo will always be home my family has lived outside of Philly for 52 plus years and those of us in this area equate the sports teams to one giant 'sine wave' ! At least I got to see the best third baseman to play the game, from his beginning in Reading to retiring as a Philly !

As for yesterdays win over Indy, while not pretty, a win is a win ! I continue to be concerned with run defense and a lackluster pass rush

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #113 on: 10 Jan 2021, 09:12 pm »
Sorry for giving you a hard time my friend, but a little perspective is good for all of us.  I do like the Bills for a good shot at the brass ring this year, they built their team the right way taking linemen in the draft first then adding the QB.  KC will have a say in that if they get that far.  I'm not at all confident my Steelers will get past the Browns tonight, I think they will, but I wouldn't bet the house.

The Eagles mortgaged their future to get Wentz and they're playing for it now.  For the record I was on board with the gamble, and it worked out to a degree, they did win a superbowl.  Carson hasn't been the same since his knee injury, last year it was always the knee not fully healed yet, then the back, he's physically not the same athlete and will likely never be.  And having spent all those draft picks the supporting cast has suffered, the O line is all old men and castoffs leaving a wounded Wentz to carry the team on his back.  He hasn't been successful in that.

For medium sized cities we can compare Pittsburgh, six Superbowl rings, back to back Stanley Cups, multiple World Series victories, they only lack basketball which has always died here.  So it's not the size of the city for everything.  Modern baseball financials make it very hard for smaller market cities, not impossible, just a lot harder.

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #114 on: 10 Jan 2021, 09:29 pm »
rams defense is something... too bad they are utterly hapless on offense

nice to see tb gronk etc etc on bucs win one, but against the saints or pack tom better but up 60 cuz that d will give up 50...

bills won, josh allen is awesome... but they don't stand a chance against the chiefs

end of the day, wildcard games rarely produce a champ

The Chiefs have a hard time against very good defenses.  They are vulnerable as their defense is not on par with the top defenses in the NFL.  And do not count out the Packers with Rogers at QB.  The best in the NFL this year.

stlrman

« Reply #115 on: 11 Jan 2021, 01:49 am »
Steelers getting slaughtered!!!!
28-0 !!!
Most points scored in the first quarter ever in the playoffs

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #116 on: 11 Jan 2021, 01:55 am »
28-0 !!!

Oh, the HUMANITY!!!!!!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

FireGuy

« Reply #117 on: 11 Jan 2021, 01:57 am »
28-0 !!!

Steelers' true colors were exposed at the end of the season.  This game will (or is now) be the confirmation.  I think Ben might call it.  Great career though.

Mag

« Reply #118 on: 11 Jan 2021, 02:15 am »
28-0 !!!

Somebody opened a can of Whoop.

jjss49

« Reply #119 on: 11 Jan 2021, 05:05 am »
shame on the steelers... losing to the browns without key players and coaches

don't care about the 'comeback' -- you dug your own grave in the first half