Help- Anyone running a Geek Pulse X DAC with the LPS

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
I just obtained a new Geek Pulse X with LPS. If I power it with the LPS, I get no sound out of the DAC. The DAC does power up but no sound output. I am running SPDIF from the digital out of a CD player and analog outputs from the DAC to my 2A3 preamp.
If I take the LPS out of the equation and just use the wallwart to the DAC. The DAC works fine.
I'm stumped....

Jeff_From_Michigan

Re: Help- Anyone running a Geek Pulse X DAC with the LPS
« Reply #1 on: 6 Sep 2020, 05:01 pm »
Bill,

I hope you can get your money back for those products. I got a Pulse Xfi and LPS 4 from the Indiegogo campaigns, and they’ve been gathering dust for years.

The LPS4 had several strange intermittent problems from the start, rendering it so frustratingly unreliable as to be completely useless. I was told that the Pulse’s firmware couldn’t be updated at home - I would have to send the unit back to LH Labs. Are they serious?

Customer service is non-existent, and LH Labs has failed to deliver many products that were backed going
on SIX years now.

There are a whole lot of horror stories out there from people who have been fleeced by LH Labs.

Sorry I couldn’t help with your specific issue, but I thought you should know about the company behind the products.

sandbagger

« Reply #2 on: 6 Sep 2020, 05:36 pm »
first thing i would do is check the output voltage of the LPS with a meter. 
sounds like its bad

I have the pulse only as my at work dac/amp, no problems

Steven Stone

« Reply #3 on: 6 Sep 2020, 05:46 pm »
I think Sandbagger has the answer. I recently had a similar situation - lights on but no sound from a streamer...the culprit was a slightly sub-voltage PS...

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Hey Jeff. I did not pay m9ney for it. I got it from my Purity Audio partner. It only has about 10 hrs on it. I am well aware of all the service issues involved. I'm sure I can get it figured out once I get it on the bench. Just wondering if others had the same isse.
Using just the DAC, I'm having no problems.

Ya know what, hold on a minute. Let me try something.........

Problem solved - I had it running through a filtered power strip. Plugged it into the wall and now she's working just fine.

Thank you all for the comments. I think it was just a brain Fart plugging it into a filtered strip.  :duh:

Jeff_From_Michigan

« Reply #5 on: 6 Sep 2020, 09:06 pm »
Good deal, Bill. 

I hope you have better luck with the products and the company than I have.

Enjoy the holiday!