UberBUSS (upgrades)

Delta77

UberBUSS (upgrades)
« on: 25 Aug 2020, 07:16 pm »
I have a UberBUSS on order and am looking into making some upgrades to the unit..
So far I have asked Dave to add :
  1) Triode Wire Labs internal wire
  2) change 1 duplex to the FURUTECH  GTX-nfc rhodium (on the UberBuss )
  3) Replace wall duplex with FURUTECH  GTX-ncf rhodium (on the wall)
  4) Add wood for looks

What brand power cable works well with the UberBuss (T.W.L.'s)..?

Can I get some feed back from other UberBUSS users in the group.?
What upgrades do you wish you would have done with your P.I. Audio Group products..?

I know Dave doesn't use this sight much any more , I hope I'm not breaking any of the Circles rules..!!

Thanks guys, I do appreciate your time , experiences , and Advise..!!
« Last Edit: 25 Aug 2020, 10:55 pm by Delta77 »

nature boy

Re: UberBUSS (upgrades)
« Reply #1 on: 25 Aug 2020, 08:51 pm »
The Furutech IEC connector is excellent, I would not waste any money replacing it. I would ask Dave what gauge PC he'd recommend given the equipment you'll be hooking up.  Personally, I have used a ZenWave 14g cord with Furutech FI-28(R) connectors and an older Kaplan Cord GSMKII cord.  Both sounded fine, and I'm sure that Pete's cords would work well since they have been used in conjunction with UberBUSS equipment at past audio shows.

The only other thing you might consider is having Dave build a DigiBUSS into the unit, if you have digital equipment you'll be hooking up. This would be beneficial if anything is hooked up with a USB cable or if any equipment is sensitive to noise. FWIW, I just use the standard UberBuss with stock receptacles and the thing just relinquishes all noise without any restriction of dynamics. It handles my Audio PC and DAC just fine, don't hear any noise problems. One of my favorite audio purchases of all time.

NB

jhm731

« Reply #2 on: 25 Aug 2020, 09:58 pm »
I had Dave put a Jatoba faceplate on my Uber to match equipment stand (see below).

I use a Furutech FP-SO32N power cord with FI-50 connectors.

BTW- Dave hangs out at www.audionervosa.com.

mikeeastman

« Reply #3 on: 25 Aug 2020, 10:21 pm »
I replaced my receptacles with Daves' modified Pass & Seymour 5632A and they were a nice upgrade. I'd ask Dave about them for you Uber Buss.

dpatters

« Reply #4 on: 26 Aug 2020, 10:58 am »
Here’s my combination Uber and Digi in one unit with every upgrade Dave offered. Custom veneer to match my Joule Black speakers. One of the best upgrades to my system ever. I use TWL Silver Statement power cord.

Don P.

Triode Pete

« Reply #5 on: 26 Aug 2020, 07:32 pm »
I have a UberBUSS on order and am looking into making some upgrades to the unit..
So far I have asked Dave to add :
  1) Triode Wire Labs internal wire
  2) change 1 duplex to the FURUTECH  GTX-nfc rhodium (on the UberBuss )
  3) Replace wall duplex with FURUTECH  GTX-ncf rhodium (on the wall)
  4) Add wood for looks

What brand power cable works well with the UberBuss (T.W.L.'s)..?

Can I get some feed back from other UberBUSS users in the group.?
What upgrades do you wish you would have done with your P.I. Audio Group products..?

I know Dave doesn't use this sight much any more , I hope I'm not breaking any of the Circles rules..!!

Thanks guys, I do appreciate your time , experiences , and Advise..!!

Recently, for the past Audio Shows, we (Volti Audio, BorderPatrol Audio, TWL) have used "Obsession NCF" power cords on the UberBUSSes in the various hotels with superb results.

In my two systems at home, I use an "Obsession NCF" on my main system and a long "Seven Plus" on my second system.

"Bang for the buck" recommendations is the "Seven Plus" or "High Power Digital American" power cords for the Ubers...

"Ultimate" recommendation is the TWL "Statement Series" of power cords...

My $0.02,
Pete

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #6 on: 28 Aug 2020, 03:25 pm »
  Agree 100% with Petes recommendations. If one is plugging a Digibuss into an Uberbuss Use the Furutech NCF gold duplex with a TWL HC Digital American  Great synergy.  Rhodium NCF at wall. Daves Pass & Seymor for all else. Be advised that the NCF outlets take 500+ hours to stop changing.
   My ultimate reco is having one dedicate 15A line for digital and one 20A line for analog. Both using an Uberbuss. As mentioned a Digibuss /Uber combo for Digital.
   The key to all of this is the synergy of TWL and PIAudio Ubers. We used them at shows as well.
charles

rpf

« Reply #7 on: 28 Aug 2020, 05:05 pm »
I have both an Uberbuss and a Digibuss and use TWL 7 Plus PCs on them. Work very well. I tried several outlets on the Busses and liked the Furutech un-plated copper one that Dave polished for me the best. Over the Furutech GTX Gold plated Cu and Furutech GTX Rhodium (not the NCF). It has a more natural tonality.

Delta77

« Reply #8 on: 5 Nov 2020, 06:13 am »
Here are a few pictures of My UberBUSS..
It’s absolutely beautiful 🤩..

Triode Pete

« Reply #9 on: 6 Nov 2020, 12:53 am »
Here are a few pictures of My UberBUSS..
It’s absolutely beautiful 🤩..

Gorgeous! ... and definitely sounds the same (or better) too!

Delta77

« Reply #10 on: 6 Nov 2020, 02:17 am »
Just over 10 days with the Uber in my system..
I didn’t want to post too soon, but I will be making a change to my system this weekend (amp change) .. Which is sure to change the sound signature in it’s own way..

When I first plugged the UberBUSS in , and turned on my system..
I got a feeling that for some reason , “I”  choose the perfect combination of power cables (on hand) , matching each component for its needs..!
The same 8 cables (2)TWL ,(5)Cullencable ,(1)Decware..(Planing to change all to TWL)
I did swap the power cables that the components were connected to, so they would all reach the Uber..
Which has never happened, I’ve always felt it sounded questionable if I got that combo of cables or components, always left me feeling “did I get it right..?”..
Hope that makes sense.?

I believe that both the center image, and the outer portion of the soundstage became more focused and easier to hear..

The timbre of voices, and congas seemed to improve..
(Yeah I know this one is hard to believe, but I think it did)

After installing the Uber, my system sounded slightly smoother, and yet still detailed..

Also I think I noticed a touch more holographic’ness to the presentation..

Seems to be easier to hear (everything) at low to mid volumes, I think..?
(Which was something I wanted)

Not sure how to tell if the “noise floor”  has been lowered..?
But it sure is quite..

I know that my description of the UberBUSS is very subjective..
I’m doing the best I can , not exactly easy..

Wish I would have bought one of these earlier in my audio journey, I might have been happier with some of my previous gear..

Thanks Dave, the UberBUSS is now one of my prized components..!