Ultimate 70 comments

Keith F.

Ultimate 70 comments
« on: 28 Feb 2005, 04:37 am »
Guys,

I still can't believe what I heard tonight. I just finished building the Ultimate Stereo 70 Upgrade and this is probably the most dramatic improvement that I've experienced from all the different upgrades on various products from AVA. I really did like the Super 70i that was in the amp before, but now it's totally a different unit! I mean it's just indammcredible! The transparency... it's really alot more transparent and the soundstage just wraps around you.... more 3D than before. Also, it's like it has picked up alot more power and dynamics.

I hope none of You think I'm starting to blow smoke but I am really moved by this amp!

I also own the T-7 ECR preamp and the Fet Valve 550 EXR5 that have had all the upgrades as they came along and each upgrade was very very good.

Thanks to Frank again for Their great products.  :D

Christophe35

Ultimate 70 comments
« Reply #1 on: 28 Feb 2005, 11:02 am »
Hi,

Which one do you prefer between the Ultimate Stereo 70 and the T7/Fetvalve ?

Christophe

Keith F.

Which do I prefer?
« Reply #2 on: 28 Feb 2005, 11:53 pm »
Hi Christophe

I don't really have a preference yet between the two amps and I use the T-7 pre. for both.

My main speakers (Legacy Signature 3's) need the power that the 550EXR5 provides, well, actually not that much power!

I do think if one had quality, efficient speakers that worked well with 30 or so watts that the Ultimate will provide all the musicality or close to it that the 550 has.

I do not have really good speakers that are that efficient, although, those old Marantz Imperial 6's sure never sounded this good!

I have not put the two head to head but will post later when I do.