Selling all demo speakers!!!

Poseidonfan

Re: Selling all demo speakers!!!
« Reply #20 on: 1 Aug 2020, 08:48 pm »
Yep, I had to snatch them up, didn't want to take a chance and miss out on these masterpieces. I've always wanted to get a pair of Daedalus speakers. Originally I was thinking about the Argos but when I saw the Poseidons at this price and finish, I know that I had to get them, as Lou said it has major WOW factor, that burnt figured maple wood is just sublime, the craftsmanship is beyond compare. I must also add that Lou is one of the nicest guys around in the audio circle. I spoke to him a few times and he was always a gentleman and always willing to answer questions and offer advice, even though I know he's a busy man. I'm really happy to join the Daedalus family and have the most beautiful pair of speakers that I've ever seen, in my home.

A_shah

« Reply #21 on: 2 Aug 2020, 07:10 am »
Yep, I had to snatch them up, didn't want to take a chance and miss out on these masterpieces. I've always wanted to get a pair of Daedalus speakers. Originally I was thinking about the Argos but when I saw the Poseidons at this price and finish, I know that I had to get them, as Lou said it has major WOW factor, that burnt figured maple wood is just sublime, the craftsmanship is beyond compare. I must also add that Lou is one of the nicest guys around in the audio circle. I spoke to him a few times and he was always a gentleman and always willing to answer questions and offer advice, even though I know he's a busy man. I'm really happy to join the Daedalus family and have the most beautiful pair of speakers that I've ever seen, in my home.

Congratulation
I don't know how many Poseidon are their with audiophiles  I have a pair that I purchased from Lou Feb. 18th 2018 ! I saw these but lou had not upgraded them and had not made up his mind about selling them at that time I did listen to most  of lou speakers except for the Zeus as they were not hooked up . But I lucked out with  Poseidon (Dark Walnut speakers)  I shipped mine for an upgrade this week  Lou should have them this coming Monday morning for Tweeter , rings & tweeter crossover upgrades .
You will will delighted with them , They are fast ! with impressive Bass  & are  non-Fatiguing  like all all of Lou speakers I can listen to them for hours , with quality amplification it is Nirvana ! it took me about 3 weeks or more to finally find proper placement , although it is really not necessary  to be that precise  they image very well   :violin: :popcorn:

Enjoy

Asghar

RonN5

« Reply #22 on: 2 Aug 2020, 03:52 pm »
Did I miss the posting or the link describing what was being sold and the price?

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
« Reply #23 on: 2 Aug 2020, 04:43 pm »
Did I miss the posting or the link describing what was being sold and the price?

the list is on page one and you can email for pricing.

lou@daedalusaudio.com

thanks and be well,
Lou

rbbert

« Reply #24 on: 2 Aug 2020, 10:18 pm »
Both the Apollo 11 and Zeus are very tempting, but with my listening room and set-up I’ll probably go with just fine-tuning my Ulysses.

audiotom

• Ground control to Major Tom
    • for everything music
« Reply #25 on: 6 Aug 2020, 04:09 am »
Both the Apollo 11 and Zeus are very tempting, but with my listening room and set-up I’ll probably go with just fine-tuning my Ulysses.

My room is very similar in size to yours.

The Apollo 11s are a whole new level
and I love my Ulysses

billion$baby

« Reply #26 on: 6 Aug 2020, 12:02 pm »
  Would be extremely helpful if they took the time to list the Dimensions/Weight of the speakers on the webpage. Shouldn't have to ask those questions.

Will2

« Reply #27 on: 6 Aug 2020, 12:12 pm »
  Would be extremely helpful if they took the time to list the Dimensions/Weight of the speakers on the webpage. Shouldn't have to ask those questions.

Hi!  Hopefully this is helpful, but I think if you click on the page for each speaker there is a button which says "Specifications" - if you click that button I think a window pops up with the dimensions and weight.

billion$baby

« Reply #28 on: 6 Aug 2020, 12:15 pm »
  I clicked on all the specs pages and there is a lot of writing but nothing showing size/weight...unless its hidden somewhere OR the whole page isn't loading on my PC for some reason. Thanks

billion$baby

« Reply #29 on: 6 Aug 2020, 12:19 pm »
  I clicked on all the specs pages and there is a lot of writing but nothing showing size/weight...unless its hidden somewhere OR the whole page isn't loading on my PC for some reason. Thanks

I changed to Firefox from Explorer and now I see the size/weight at the very bottom of the page. Couldn't scroll down before. Thanks again and my apologies!

Will2

« Reply #30 on: 6 Aug 2020, 12:22 pm »

Funny, the size and weight show up at the bottom of the "Specifications" pop-up window for me.  Here's an example ......

Screenshot 2020-08-06 at 8.18.44 AM by William Gray

rbbert

« Reply #31 on: 6 Aug 2020, 01:13 pm »
My room is very similar in size to yours.

The Apollo 11s are a whole new level
and I love my Ulysses

Interesting comment.  It appears that the midrange and tweeters are about the same in both speakers, with a slight difference in tweeter orientation and a bigger difference in tweeter height.  How would you describe the sonic differences?  do you use a subwoofer?   Thanks

audiotom

• for everything music
« Reply #32 on: 6 Aug 2020, 08:39 pm »
rbbert

I don't want to persuade you too much  - the step up to the Apollo 11s is very rewarding

Are you going short wall or long wall for your speakers?

Lou could address this more specifically
but that ten inch driver really opens things up and where it transfers over to the midrange is seamless
the music is suspended - the instruments float in air

The cabinet is substantial and with all but one angle not being at 90o - there just isn't any sonic signature related to the cabinet.
The Ulysses were very neutral in the room. The Apollo 11 speakers disappear.

They do not overpower the room

Take all the qualities of the Ulysses and Lou's speaker line sound and refine them to the next level.
Engaging, tonally balanced dynamic, resolving...

The low end is so musical I really don't have the need for a subwoofer.
If a recording's low end is balanced - it sounds incredible. (My son is an upright classical bassist).

A lot of new masterings are a little goosed up in the low end to compensate for lesser speakers  - and the Apollos will pass that imbalance thru - much like I am sure they would  splendidly handle low end movie content.

My Audio Research CD player was sounding bright with the Apollo 11s, I switched over to an inexpensive but killer  MHDT Orchid R2R dac -  digital is sounding analog.
I am very happy and cutting way back on vinyl purchases. I am at around 300 hours break in and everything has came together. I broke down and started playing lps at night a couple weeks ago - wow.

There are added benefits with the MTTM array being more at listening height than the Ulysses and the low end focused below, especially if your speakers are on the short wall and you are listening further back. The higher speaker mttm array really impacts the image - the musicians are right in front of you.  The new Eaton tweeters are more resolving and lifelike, crisp soundstage and air. Incredible micro details. The mid range richer (trim rings and crossover). I am hearing further into the music.

I had two music friends (and big audiophiles) come over last weekend.  They are very familiar with my system and always loved the Ulysses.
They re-invited themselves back for tomorrow night as they couldn't believe what they were hearing on old standby recordings.

My son in law stopped by and walked into the room - sat down and his jaw dropped.

Not sure if you intend to use this for HT action movies with subsonic bass

My Ulysses V2 have went to my home theatre and made an immediate impact.
I do have a JL Audio F113 which worked well with my old speakers which sorely needed.   I rolled it down even more - 60 hz low rolloff for the Ulysses.

I demo'd the pair of Apollo 11s Lou has for sale.
I had mine built nearly identical - I liked them so much

feel free to pm me

Lou or some of the others who went from the Ulysses to the Apollos can chime in.

Tom

rbbert

« Reply #33 on: 8 Aug 2020, 06:55 pm »
I guess I'm going your route, Tom.  My wife wants the Ulysses in the home theater (mostly because they look so nice) and as I told Lou any time one can get one's spouse behind a move like this it needs to be jumped on, so to speak.

audiotom

• for everything music
« Reply #34 on: 8 Aug 2020, 07:48 pm »
Congratulations Rob!

Yes on the Apollo 11s!

Major congratulations on a supportive and encouraging wife!!!

« Last Edit: 9 Aug 2020, 03:58 am by audiotom »

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
« Reply #35 on: 19 Aug 2020, 07:52 pm »
All the demos are sold except for the ZEUS. If you have a large enough room these are an amazing speaker worth many times their price.

Now we get to build new demos for next year's shows! :)

Bones13

« Reply #36 on: 20 Aug 2020, 01:43 am »
Grats on the sales Lou!

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
« Reply #37 on: 20 Aug 2020, 02:56 am »
Grats on the sales Lou!

Thanks, I was surprised that the Muse and Athena didn't fly out right away. Just killer deals not to be repeated.

To be honest this was kind of job insurance for my assistant. I'm not sure how sales will be later in the year and since we don't need the demos I can keep him busy building new ones. In any case a few people got amazing speakers at killer deals. So everyone is happy! :thumb:

Now we'll see if someone with a big room jumps on the ZEUS  :)

A_shah

« Reply #38 on: 20 Aug 2020, 07:35 am »

lou
Congratulations , Funny we talked about it yesterday, I am glad that you are able to keep your assistant , I guess all of us have to do our part , I am also glad I sent in my speakers for the upgrade  :thumb:

Asghar

GregC

« Reply #39 on: 21 Aug 2020, 07:42 pm »
I am sure I am being Captain Obvious to others who have dealt with Lou in the past, but Lou is a pleasure to deal with and is to be commended for his customer service and patience. 

I will soon join the family with the lovely Athena demo speakers and cannot wait!   :D