Pioneer Andrew Jones Sale

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
Re: Pioneer Andrew Jones Sale
« Reply #1 on: 9 Jul 2020, 03:39 pm »
I wonder if the BS22A speakers with the extra driver on top might sound more expansive as a stereo pair than the originals.

srb

« Reply #2 on: 9 Jul 2020, 05:50 pm »
I wonder if the BS22A speakers with the extra driver on top might sound more expansive as a stereo pair than the originals.

They might.

But they are essentially two separate speakers in one cabinet, each with its own pair of input binding posts.  It appears they are both 6Ω nominal, so you would have to connect them either in parallel (3Ω load) or in series (12Ω load).

Beyond that, without the separate volume adjustment for Atmos afforded by a multi-channel processor or receiver, it's also possible the Atmos drivers could be too loud relative to the mains.

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #3 on: 10 Jul 2020, 11:28 pm »
Thanks, I wasn't familiar with the atmos speakers.  Like I need another set of speakers anyway.

srb

« Reply #4 on: 11 Jul 2020, 12:04 am »
I have a non-Atmos pair of the BS22 and they're pretty good $79 speakers. 

If I did have the Atmos "A" pair, It would only take a few minutes to connect the sections together for stereo out of curiosity.  It would either sound better or worse.  I'm 100% certain it wouldn't sound the same!

And again, that's only if my amplifier would cooperate with the 3Ω nominal (or lower) load.