Some Bug Bites Won't 'Heal'

martin bousum

• The rhythm and frequencies of life can seduce you!
Some Bug Bites Won't 'Heal'
« on: 14 Jun 2020, 11:39 pm »
I remember when the 'bug' first bit me. I was in the cub scouts, and over at my den mother's home. A fellow scout had just came home from a summer visit at his dad's in California. I was early for our c.s. meeting and he was excited to show me something. He called it 'quadrophonic'. He demonstrated how a unique sound stage emerging from four different directions, surrounding me as if I was in the middle of a band. I had never truly heard stereo before and this experience affected my reality. Fast forward 12 more years and I heard my first quality (at least for me it was quality) stereo system in a hi-fi store. Ohm Walsh speakers were playing Pat Metheney Still Life Talking. This 'boosted' my initial infectious bite and served to 'change my DNA'! My third important experience is when I stopped by another hi-fi store and confessed to the gentleman that I was in pursuit of a good clean sound. I asked him if vibrations could effect the quality of playback on a CD player. I had came up with this concept on my own musings about laser tracking. He eagerly agreed and commented I was on a life long pursuit. Looking back he was speaking prophetically. So these bug bites never healed and I have been enjoying this quirky hobby ever since. Putting 5 pound mesh bags of lead shot (scuba weights) on top of speakers! Using a taped-on laser pointer aimed at listening position (from speaker) to help speaker placement, etc. SYOTOS!

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Some Bug Bites Won't 'Heal'
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jun 2020, 11:58 pm »
Hi,
Starting Block is really for people to introduce themselves. This question/thread is best posted in Cheap and Cheerfull Hifi Circle, so I'll move it there for you now.