Vision SET 120 / Transcendence 10 SLR Combo

Birdbrain

Vision SET 120 / Transcendence 10 SLR Combo
« on: 21 May 2020, 03:38 pm »
I bought these a little over a year ago as a retirement present. My speakers are Spatial Audio M3 Triode Masters, a 12ohm open baffle design rated at 93db efficiency. Six months in I replaced the stock EH tubes with National/Matsushita 7DJ8. I was already thrilled with my amp and preamp, but this was a big improvement for just $60/pair. Wish I'd bought 2 pair, because they're $60 APIECE now. When they poop out I'll stick the EH tubes back in. I needed the tape out feature of the SLR model, and appreciate the more full featured remote. I already had a phono preamp I loved, so I ordered the linestage version.

Anyway, I couldn't be happier with my choices. I'm in the blessed position of being able to play music as loud as I want whenever I want. I listen loud. The Spatials will happily play cleanly, effortlessly, louder than even I'm comfortable with. The SET 120 drives them beautifully, and with an iron grip. I've never for a second wished for more power or second guessed buying this amp.

Being a hi-fi nut for over 50 years, I wonder how my speakers might sound with an Ultravalve, or a cutting edge Class D amp. Then I'm lost in the music again, and forget about hi-fi stuff.

I'm proud to support great companies like Audio by Van Alstine and Spatial Audio. Thanks so much, Frank and company. Stay well.

charmerci

• My Artistic Adventures
Re: Vision SET 120 / Transcendence 10 SLR Combo
« Reply #1 on: 21 May 2020, 04:07 pm »
I've been curious about Spatial speakers so it's great to hear that they are great to hear!