Dezorel Audition Sign-up Sheet

audiojerry

« Reply #40 on: 9 Jan 2003, 01:26 pm »
Jackstraw in MD just signed up.  He will get it from Joshk at this point. There are now 9 in line on the list. It should be in Beezer's hands right now in CA.

Hey Beezer, do you have it?

Hantra

« Reply #41 on: 9 Jan 2003, 03:05 pm »
What number are we on right now?

B

JackStraw

« Reply #42 on: 9 Jan 2003, 03:10 pm »
Yep, I'm in. And, I recently picked up a used Tice Solo AV, so I'll look forward to comparing the two.

DVV, I see the LF-A1 Mk.II at www.dezorel.com. It looks like a 3 outlet unit with plenty of juice to run a 100W integrated amp without concern for compression. Right? And, what is the price?

Thanks, I'm looking forward to the opportunity to check this thing out.

DVV

« Reply #43 on: 9 Jan 2003, 04:13 pm »
Quote from: JackStraw
Yep, I'm in. And, I recently picked up a used Tice Solo AV, so I'll look forward to comparing the two.

DVV, I see the LF-A1 Mk.II at www.dezorel.com. It looks like a 3 outlet unit with plenty of juice to run a 100W integrated amp without concern for compression. Right? And, what is the price?

Thanks, I'm looking forward to the opportunity to check this thing out.

As far as I know, they have no three output models, to the best of my knowledge they have either two or six outputs. Since I own two models LF-A1 Mk.2, one model LF-P1 Mk.2 and one Audio Reference Senior, I think I should know. :P

The LF-A1 Mk.2 has a 10 amp fuse for line voltages of 220-240 VAC and a 20 amp fuse for line voltages 110-120 VAC. Therefore, it will handle 2.2 kVA worst case, way over what you could ever want for your amp even at full blast and into clipping (God forbid!).

Regarding availability, you have to talk to them, they sell it. Talk to Miki at office@dezorel.com . Better yet, go to CES and see them. :P

Cheers,
DVV

DVV

« Reply #44 on: 9 Jan 2003, 04:17 pm »
Whatsa matta wida you guys, a? You deaf or what?

Anybody going to CES?

In person, I mean?

Cheers,
DVV

audiojerry

« Reply #45 on: 9 Jan 2003, 04:20 pm »
Jackstraw, I used to own a Tice Solo AV, and I currently have use of a Tice Powerblock mkIII with high current upgrade. While the Tice can do some things well like increase contrast and give you a blacker background, I found both products to have negative effects as well. What I bothered me was an apparent loss in dynamics. There seemed to be less vibrancy and the music felt more constrained.

The Dezorel had no problem handling all my components including my ARC amp which, operates at 900 watts.  

It will be interesting to learn what you think in comparison to the Dezorel.

Beezer

DZ
« Reply #46 on: 9 Jan 2003, 04:24 pm »
I haven't received it yet, but am hoping to by the end of the week.  Based on when Nate posted his review, I'm assuming it shipped either last Friday or this past Monday.

Beez

JackStraw

« Reply #47 on: 9 Jan 2003, 04:51 pm »
Quote from: DVV

Anybody going to CES?

In person, I mean?

Cheers,
DVV

heh?   heh?   heh?

Sorry, I thought for sure that I saw 3 outputs on the web site.

JackStraw

« Reply #48 on: 9 Jan 2003, 04:57 pm »
Quote from: audiojerry
Jackstraw, I used to own a Tice Solo AV, and I currently have use of a Tice Powerblock mkIII with high current upgrade. While the Tice can do some things well like increase contrast and give you a blacker background, I found both products to have negative effects as well. What I bothered me was an apparent loss in dynamics. There seemed to be less vibrancy and the music felt more constrained.

The Dezorel had no problem handling all my components including my ARC amp which, operates at 900 watts.  

It will be interesting to learn what you think in comparison to the Dezorel.

I'm looking forward to it as well. I've heard mixed reports regarding the Tice. It wasn't too expensive used, so I figured that it couldn't be much worse than just using a cheap-o power strip like I was. I've only had it for a week, so I haven't A/Bed at all, but I could swear that there's been a bass increase.

DVV

« Reply #49 on: 9 Jan 2003, 07:54 pm »
Quote from: JackStraw

Anybody going to CES?

In person, I mean?

Cheers,
DVV

heh?   heh?   heh?

Sorry, I thought for sure that I saw 3 outputs on the web site.

Jack, maybe you should look at model LF-A2 Mk.2. This is a model with two parallel filter units inside, which allows you to have isolation of components after filtering, more power handling (how does 4.8 kVA grab you?), and since it's a large case (like mine) it has six outputs normally arranged as 2+4 (one filter feeding one duplex, the other two duplexes). This could solve your filtering and distribution problems, and adding isolation after filtering.

No idea how much it costs over there, though. Local price is 498 euros (inc. local sales tax at 20%).

Cheers,
DVV

OBF

« Reply #50 on: 9 Jan 2003, 11:23 pm »
Anybody know if it would be possible to add a Bybee or two to the DeZorel units?  DVV, are you familiar with Bybees?  The Bolder power stip has them and I believe the new balanced transformers from BPT will include them.  They are reported to be very benificial with power supplies.  I'm wondering if one could be added outside the internal "brick" without voiding your warranty?

DVV

« Reply #51 on: 9 Jan 2003, 11:34 pm »
Quote from: OBF
Anybody know if it would be possible to add a Bybee or two to the DeZorel units?  DVV, are you familiar with Bybees?  The Bolder power stip has them and I believe the new balanced transformers from BPT will include them.  They are reported to be very benificial with power supplies.  I'm wondering if one could be added outside the internal "brick" without voiding your warranty?

What the heck is a Bybee, except a bumblebee name? Somebody gimme a link, a link, my kingdom for a link! :P

"Your warranty"? You mean their warranty? I'm just a friend of the company, as I am a friend of the other four active companies somehow existing here. We are a small community, and besides, I was soldering when most of those kids were in their shorts, I'm positively ancient for this audio of today. And most of them grew up on my texts related to hardware testing of PC components. I've been at it for 19 years.

As for attaching, well, I don't even know if it's possible, as I don't know what Bybees are. Regarding warranties, you'll have to take that issue up with the DeZorel people, that's their thing, I just waste warranties by opening up things I test and am forever hassled by vendours and/or manufacturers for breaking their prescious seals.

Cheers,
DVV

bubba966

« Reply #52 on: 9 Jan 2003, 11:39 pm »
What the heck is a Bybee, except a bumblebee name? Somebody gimme a link, a link, my kingdom for a link! :P

http://www.bybeetech.com/

So, what kind of goodies come with your kingdom?... :wink: :mrgreen:

DVV

« Reply #53 on: 9 Jan 2003, 11:46 pm »
Quote from: bubba966

http://www.bybeetech.com/

So, what kind of goodies come with your kingdom?... :wink: :mrgreen:

Materialist! :nono: :mrgreen:

How about some beer from Apatin, a small town about 60 miles north of Belgrade? The only local brewery everybody who's anybody in Europen beer industry busted their butts to buy, but didn't? Not Heineken, not Amstel, not Tuborg, not ......, nobody - they managed not be bought out, thank God and his cohorts of angels.

First time you're in town. :P A case of cooled.

Thank you, Bubba.

Cheers,
DVV

OBF

« Reply #54 on: 10 Jan 2003, 12:16 am »
DVV,

I know you and DeZorel are different entities......when I said "can one be added without voiding YOUR warranty", I was referring to the potential owner (not you personally) since I don't actually own one at this time.  One of the many ways English can be vague I guess.

Well, Bubba gave you a link to the Bybee web site.  I haven't tried them, but I find it very interesting that Jack Bybee did classified research into quieting the power systems of submarines.  Most of his work is still classified but they allowed him to create and sell the purifiers (this is just what I recall reading a while ago).

I think Wayne at Bolder can either add one to his power strips or add 3 for + - and ground.

Here's a little bit of info on what BPT is doing with them:

http://www.harmonicdiscord.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9682

So, since I don't know much about the DeZorel, I was just asking the question in case you or anybody else with more knowledge of the Bybees would know if one could solder it into the DeZorel without having to mess with the parts you're not supposed to mess with.  Like maybe it could be added after the output of the brick before the power is distributed to the outlets?  Maybe DeZorel should look into using/testing Bybees since they seem to be one of the "new things".

JoshK

« Reply #55 on: 10 Jan 2003, 12:29 am »
If I am not mistaken you would put the bybees on the output wires.  I have a bybee power strip and it is great!

JoshK

« Reply #56 on: 10 Jan 2003, 12:29 am »
If I am not mistaken you would put the bybees on the output wires.  I have a bybee power strip and it is great!

mgalusha

« Reply #57 on: 10 Jan 2003, 12:44 am »

Anybody going to CES?

In person, I mean?

Cheers,
DVV

I know that Wayne (Bolder Cables) left for CES yesterday and will be in the VMPS room. I am hoping he makes some posts from the show but somehow I think they are going to be very busy. :)

Mike

nathanm

« Reply #58 on: 10 Jan 2003, 06:57 am »
OBF used the term "your" to mean "my" which is a fascinating aspect of English I've always thought was unique.  He could also have said "without voiding one's warranty" also meaning himself, or he could have said "the warranty" on the assumption that he did not yet own the device.  No matter what he wasn't addressing YOU, meaning DVV.  Okay, that was my pointless tidbit.  Bye!

"Ere iron was wound or baffle was hewn,
When black were discs that did play tunes;
Ere amp was made, or port did flow,
Dejan soldered circuits long ago."

DVV

« Reply #59 on: 10 Jan 2003, 10:01 am »
Quote from: nathanm
OBF used the term "your" to mean "my" which is a fascinating aspect of English I've always thought was unique.  He could also have said "without voiding one's warranty" also meaning himself, or he could have said "the warranty" on the assumption that he did not yet own the device.  No matter what he wasn't addressing YOU, meaning DVV.  Okay, that was my pointless tidbit.  Bye!

"Ere iron was wound or baffle was hewn,
When black were discs that did play tunes;
Ere amp was made, or port did flow,
Dejan soldered circuits long ago."

Should you and I ever meet, brother Natahan, that might well be the end of civilization as we know it. Like mixing nitro with glycerin. :P Let's see Bond drink that shaken but not stirred. :P

Cheers,
DVV