Sound comparison "SVS Ultra Bookshelves" vs Carnegie CST-1's.. the fight is on!

AverageNiceGuy

I only am saying what I have experience with. The TC was a bit of a change from the VS. It is the same wire, but with a different dielectric which also allows the TC to be braided in a more tight weave. The capacitance and reluctance specs are quite different between the two cables. It really changes the sound profile. The TC has much more prominent highs. I thought it almost too bright to begin with, but it became more neutral after a while.
I have never heard the speaker cable that Danny sells.

Cool deal. It's interesting to hear about the differences in cable.
On my SVS-Ultra Bookshelves, I had changed from zip-cord to Blue Jeans Cable 10-gauge Belden 5T00UP https://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/speaker/index.htm
I did notice a ~5% increase in clarity of high frequencies. I was surprised to hear a difference.
With the different cables you mention, I'm thinking that tuning can be done if I develop a preference for a sound change.
I just don't have it in me right now to spend much on cables yet.
That day may come though.

nickd

I have always wanted to try Danny’s speaker cables. I use his hook up wire in my speakers and it’s very close to JPS wire. I’ve been using Mogami 3104 for a few years because I use long runs, it’s reasonably priced and it sounds great. It’s a pro audio favorite for a reason. Very neutral, just gets out of the way.

AverageNiceGuy

I have always wanted to try Danny’s speaker cables. I use his hook up wire in my speakers and it’s very close to JPS wire. I’ve been using Mogami 3104 for a few years because I use long runs, it’s reasonably priced and it sounds great. It’s a pro audio favorite for a reason. Very neutral, just gets out of the way.
Sounds good to me, I'll be looking into that. Thanks