OB Wedge Possibilities

Keithh

OB Wedge Possibilities
« on: 9 Apr 2020, 05:57 am »
With all the comments about how low the NX-Tremes go implying they could be
used as a stand alone speaker, is a budget and DIY friendly version of the NX-Tremes
using the M165/T26SG as the MTM section possible? Would there be much interest in it?
And by DIY friendly I mean no flat pack needed because there would be no waveguide.

Danny Richie

Re: OB Wedge Possibilities
« Reply #1 on: 11 Apr 2020, 04:19 pm »
We design the X-Otica model to be that very speaker.

Peter built one with the NQ upper mids. https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=139529.0

At some point I will re-release that model using the standard woofers and at a lower price point.

nickd

« Reply #2 on: 11 Apr 2020, 05:21 pm »
Thanks for that link Danny. I don’t think I ever went through the thread before and looked at Peters’s work. The guy is quite the artisan.

Those are one of the best builds I have seen. The attention to detail is stunning!
Inspiring indeed.

Captainhemo

« Reply #3 on: 12 Apr 2020, 04:36 pm »
I know you weren't interessted inf flat pakcs for  these but,  we  also did this ..  there   was  just  no real interest in them...
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=166021.msg1765990#msg1765990

jay

Keithh

« Reply #4 on: 13 Apr 2020, 12:48 pm »
Is the X-Otica available? I don't need a flat pack because with no waveguide
it would be a simple build. Would love to hear what a full OB X-Static would sound like.

Danny Richie

« Reply #5 on: 16 Apr 2020, 02:43 am »
Is the X-Otica available? I don't need a flat pack because with no waveguide
it would be a simple build. Would love to hear what a full OB X-Static would sound like.

I am out of the M165NQ 16 ohm woofers right now. And that was the way that model was designed.

I need to go back and redesign it using the standard M165-16 woofers. That would drop the price point and be a really good value.