Broke out the old X-Statik's once again...

Rocket_Ronny

• Your Room Is Everything - Use It Well.
    • ScriptureSongs.com
Re: Broke out the old X-Statik's once again...
« Reply #80 on: 30 Apr 2020, 06:32 pm »
Oh, but modifications Jay. I would rear mount the tweeter on my old ob5s as well and come up with a wave guide.

Rocket Ronny

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #81 on: 30 Apr 2020, 07:05 pm »
Why not just cut out a waveguide into the front blaffle, then glue a second, smaller cutout directly behind it then mount the Neo3 to that?
It would take some craftsmanship, but I'm sure it would be possible.
Tho I imagine a new crossover might be necessary?

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #82 on: 30 Apr 2020, 07:40 pm »
Why not just cut out a waveguide into the front blaffle, then glue a second, smaller cutout directly behind it then mount the Neo3 to that?
It would take some craftsmanship, but I'm sure it would be possible.
Tho I imagine a new crossover might be necessary?

The speaker you are describing is the NX-Otica

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #83 on: 30 Apr 2020, 07:44 pm »
I know, just saying it's possible :lol:

hawkeyejw

« Reply #84 on: 1 May 2020, 12:33 am »
Chops, between this thread and Danny's video you've convinced me to order a set of X-Statics and an X-Voce for my living room LCR.

I was an active participant in the old AV123 forum and really wanted to try these when they were released, but I was a poor college student in those days and by the time I could afford them, the company was gone and I'd moved on. I still miss the old crew from that forum but it's nice to at least be able to sort of reach back in time and pick up a set of these from the man who actually designed them.

Thanks to Danny and Chops for reminding everyone about these speakers.

Chops

« Reply #85 on: 1 May 2020, 06:42 am »
Chops, between this thread and Danny's video you've convinced me to order a set of X-Statics and an X-Voce for my living room LCR.

I was an active participant in the old AV123 forum and really wanted to try these when they were released, but I was a poor college student in those days and by the time I could afford them, the company was gone and I'd moved on. I still miss the old crew from that forum but it's nice to at least be able to sort of reach back in time and pick up a set of these from the man who actually designed them.

Thanks to Danny and Chops for reminding everyone about these speakers.

That's great news, and you're welcome. you're going to love them, including that awesome X-Voce. That is an awesome center channel at any price, and I've heard and owned plenty over the years. None compare to that X-Voce. It scaled the sound perfectly to the 103" projector screen I was running at the time.

Groundzero

« Reply #86 on: 11 May 2020, 10:24 pm »
I'm in the process of finishing my X-Static build and have one quick question on the wiring. Are the woofers wired in pairs as series or parallel? I was assuming parallel, until I saw the wiring pictures in the NX-Treme build thread with every pair wired up. Wanted to clarify before getting anything soldered. Thanks

Sonicjoy

« Reply #87 on: 11 May 2020, 11:46 pm »
Didn't the kit come with a wiring schematic? My NX Studios came with one showing how everything was wired.

jcsperson

« Reply #88 on: 11 May 2020, 11:50 pm »
Didn't the kit come with a wiring schematic? My NX Studios came with one showing how everything was wired.

The kits come with a complete, factory-built crossover.

Groundzero

« Reply #89 on: 11 May 2020, 11:55 pm »

The kit does come with a schematic even though it is fully assembled, but it just says "to upper woofers" and "to lower woofers".

Danny Richie

« Reply #90 on: 12 May 2020, 02:09 pm »
Yes, the two mids are wired in parallel and the two woofers are wired in parallel.

Groundzero

« Reply #91 on: 12 May 2020, 05:02 pm »
Yes, the two mids are wired in parallel and the two woofers are wired in parallel.
Thank you Danny!

Chops

« Reply #92 on: 14 Jun 2020, 06:20 pm »
Since getting promoted to a new position at work, and all of the other crazy things going on in this world, I've been doing nothing more than going to working and enjoying my system when I'm home... And working more so with the stereo system in my car, stealth install, active 2-way system with an infinite baffle sub and tuned via DSP. Anywho...

Installed some LED accent lighting yesterday which makes for some great mood lighting for late night listening. Just little battery operated guys powered by a mess of rechargeable AA's. Nothing fancy, but it does the job.

And yes, those are kitty cat pillows and toys on the floor. They own the joint! LOL

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #93 on: 14 Jun 2020, 06:39 pm »
Very nice! Congratulations on the promotion! :thumb:

I'd love to hear your setup!

Chops

« Reply #94 on: 5 Jul 2020, 02:43 pm »
Just in case anyone missed this or doesn't follow him... If you look at the TV screen, you'll see that's on Steve Guttenberg's Audiophiliac Daily Show.  :thumb:

Sonicjoy

« Reply #95 on: 5 Jul 2020, 02:53 pm »
Hey you're famous! I think I saw that one. I do follow Steve's channel. Very cool! :thumb:

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #96 on: 5 Jul 2020, 04:07 pm »
Awesome! I've been meaning to watch that episode, guess i have even more reason to now!

Chops

« Reply #97 on: 5 Jul 2020, 09:34 pm »
Yeah, I was kind of surprised when someone on another forum brought it to my attention as well as one of my brothers texting me telling me the same thing about 5 minutes later.

Danny Richie

« Reply #98 on: 7 Jul 2020, 02:53 am »
Nice looking set up Chops. Now it looks like we need to work on those bare walls.

Chops

« Reply #99 on: 7 Jul 2020, 03:55 pm »
Nice looking set up Chops. Now it looks like we need to work on those bare walls.

Thanks Danny. I was going to start doing room treatments a couple months back but I diverted the funds towards my car for a bit, doing a timing belt and water pump as well as installing custom valved, fully adjustable coilovers, then also buying up some stereo equipment for it.

And now, investing a bit of cash into my current project, "The Analog Corner"...

« Last Edit: 7 Jul 2020, 07:33 pm by Chops »