Let's see your Channel Islands Audio gear!

Nordkapp

Let's see your Channel Islands Audio gear!
« on: 24 Mar 2020, 12:24 am »
It seems to me that the CIAUDUO products fly a bit below the radar in general. Maybe they are too reasonably priced to attract the headlines? Maybe there aren't enough gold accents adorning the case work-HA! Anyway, I'd love to see other CI systems in all their understated glory. I'll lead off. D200MKII & VHP-2 w/VAC-1. Lets have some fun with this!

« Last Edit: 1 Apr 2020, 12:51 pm by Nordkapp »

Craig B

Re: Let's see your Channel Islands Audio gear.
« Reply #1 on: 27 Mar 2020, 03:38 pm »
It's not much to show, but then the boxes aren't very big in the first place.  :lol:

Here's my still-new PEQ-1 MkII, patiently waiting on its AC-15 MkII power supply upgrade:

And these well-loved units are looking for a good home: my old VPP-1 phono with VAC-1 power supply, and my old VDA-1 DAC and VAC-1 power supply, the latter pair both modded by ModWright:

Nordkapp

« Reply #2 on: 27 Mar 2020, 04:09 pm »
It's not much to show, but then the boxes aren't very big in the first place.  :lol:

Here's my still-new PEQ-1 MkII, patiently waiting on its AC-15 MkII power supply upgrade:

And these well-loved units are looking for a good home: my old VPP-1 phono with VAC-1 power supply, and my old VDA-1 DAC and VAC-1 power supply, the latter pair both modded by ModWright:

Vintage CIA

CIAudio

« Reply #3 on: 27 Mar 2020, 04:16 pm »
Definitely vintage... VDA•1 and VAC•1 were the very first CIAudio products released over 20 years ago!

Craig B

« Reply #4 on: 27 Mar 2020, 05:17 pm »
Definitely vintage... VDA•1 and VAC•1 were the very first CIAudio products released over 20 years ago!

Alright, already, I admit it. I'm old.  :wink:

CIAudio

« Reply #5 on: 27 Mar 2020, 06:52 pm »
Makes me feel good that so many of our early products are still in use and making great music.
I grew up in an era where things were made to last, in fact I still own some of the gear from my first system, which I purchased with money earned from delivering the newspaper on my bicycle.

Nordkapp

Re: Let's see your Channel Islands Audio gear!
« Reply #6 on: 12 Aug 2020, 10:11 pm »

« Last Edit: 12 Aug 2020, 11:45 pm by Nordkapp »

Craig B

« Reply #7 on: 13 Aug 2020, 08:44 pm »
I figure I owed Dusty an updated pic of the PEQ1-MkII with its long-awaited and very-much-worth-it upgraded AC-15 MkII power supply:

Paulie

« Reply #8 on: 20 Oct 2020, 04:03 am »

My CI stack, P3ESRs not pictured

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #9 on: 20 Oct 2020, 04:27 am »
I will follow this topic, dont be shy tô post pictures.
Thanks

CIAudio

« Reply #10 on: 20 Oct 2020, 04:33 am »

My CI stack, P3ESRs not pictured

Sweet!
I’ll hook you up with some rack shelves soon  :wink:

mcandmar

« Reply #11 on: 1 Nov 2020, 03:05 am »
Still using my VDA2 in my headphone setup.  Sent the unit back to Dusty in 2014 to be upgraded and have enjoyed it ever since, great bit of kit :thumb: