Plaquenil

charmerci

Re: Plaquenil
« Reply #160 on: 13 Apr 2020, 05:32 pm »
kmmd, (and everyone else for that matter!)

You as well as everyone knows that these are high stress times for most everyone, even on forums! Everyone here appreciates everyone on the front lines. These are very confusing times in which there are no simple answers. No one here wishes harm and is just trying to make suggestions for the betterment of the most people as possible. I don't agree with everyone but there's just so much that we don't know in times like these. It can be extraordinarily frustrating for everyone.
Cheers for your good work on the front lines, buddy! Thanks.

WGH

« Reply #161 on: 13 Apr 2020, 06:34 pm »
As for myself I have everything ready should I develop symptoms to the point where breathing becomes difficult.

If "everything" includes chloroquine and or azithromycin watch your dosage and have a heart monitor handy.

Small Chloroquine Study Halted Over Risk of Fatal Heart Complications
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/12/health/chloroquine-coronavirus-trump.html

"A small study in Brazil [Brazilian study involved 81 hospitalized patients in the city of Manaus and was sponsored by the Brazilian state of Amazonas] was halted early for safety reasons after coronavirus patients taking a higher dose of chloroquine developed irregular heart rates that increased their risk of a potentially fatal heart arrhythmia.

"Roughly half the study participants were given a dose of 450 milligrams of chloroquine twice daily for five days, while the rest were prescribed a higher dose of 600 milligrams for 10 days. Within three days, researchers started noticing heart arrhythmias in patients taking the higher dose. By the sixth day of treatment, 11 patients had died, leading to an immediate end to the high-dose segment of the trial.

"The researchers said the study did not have enough patients in the lower-dose portion of the trial to conclude if chloroquine was effective in patients with severe disease."

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #162 on: 13 Apr 2020, 09:01 pm »
kmmd, (and everyone else for that matter!)

You as well as everyone knows that these are high stress times for most everyone, even on forums! Everyone here appreciates everyone on the front lines. These are very confusing times in which there are no simple answers. No one here wishes harm and is just trying to make suggestions for the betterment of the most people as possible. I don't agree with everyone but there's just so much that we don't know in times like these. It can be extraordinarily frustrating for everyone.
Cheers for your good work on the front lines, buddy! Thanks.

Could not agree more. We need to stop the complain and blame game and just help anyway we can. Time for that later, much later. How about another controversial subject ?? Digital is better than vinyl.  :duh: :lol:

charles

Wind Chaser

« Reply #163 on: 13 Apr 2020, 09:49 pm »
If "everything" includes chloroquine and or azithromycin...

Nope, definitely not those things.

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #164 on: 13 Apr 2020, 10:02 pm »
   How about another controversial subject ?? Digital is better than vinyl.  :duh: :lol:

charles

Haha!

charmerci

« Reply #165 on: 14 Apr 2020, 07:04 am »
The NPR program, 1A will be on plaquenil this morning.

Rusty Jefferson

« Reply #166 on: 14 Apr 2020, 12:55 pm »
On the Media did a short Podcast about how it's become a thing late last week.

https://www.wnycstudios.org/podcasts/otm/episodes/how-hydroxychloroquine-became-thing

Folsom

« Reply #167 on: 14 Apr 2020, 04:21 pm »
If "everything" includes chloroquine and or azithromycin watch your dosage and have a heart monitor handy.

Small Chloroquine Study Halted Over Risk of Fatal Heart Complications
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/12/health/chloroquine-coronavirus-trump.html

"A small study in Brazil [Brazilian study involved 81 hospitalized patients in the city of Manaus and was sponsored by the Brazilian state of Amazonas] was halted early for safety reasons after coronavirus patients taking a higher dose of chloroquine developed irregular heart rates that increased their risk of a potentially fatal heart arrhythmia.

"Roughly half the study participants were given a dose of 450 milligrams of chloroquine twice daily for five days, while the rest were prescribed a higher dose of 600 milligrams for 10 days. Within three days, researchers started noticing heart arrhythmias in patients taking the higher dose. By the sixth day of treatment, 11 patients had died, leading to an immediate end to the high-dose segment of the trial.

"The researchers said the study did not have enough patients in the lower-dose portion of the trial to conclude if chloroquine was effective in patients with severe disease."

I don't like these as solutions really... Too risky with differences in methylation from person to person - and how much free sulfur does it leave behind? Also the last thing in the world anyone should want is antibiotics. Tocilizumab appears safe.

BTW ones of the best things for helping fight pneumonia is getting up, moving around, and trying to breath deeply. Laying down for long periods of time  is when you're likely get it.

https://www.idsociety.org/practice-guideline/covid-19-guideline-treatment-and-management/

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #168 on: 15 Apr 2020, 01:56 am »
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/head-lice-drug-emerges-potential-coronavirus-treatment-studies-080301583--abc-news-topstories.html

I've dewormed around 100 snakes and lizards with ivermectin, it's a pretty serious drug.  It'll kill turtles and tortoises, though.
Wouldn't that be something if this works?

Folsom

« Reply #169 on: 15 Apr 2020, 02:52 am »
Weird. I bet it makes you feel like shit for a minute.

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #170 on: 15 Apr 2020, 10:56 am »
Ivermectin?
Yeah, I'll bet it does make you feel a bit beat up.
It probably hurts like hell going in as it can leave burn marks on the animals at the injection sites and reptile skin is really tough.

I guess it does make sense to look at vet medicines with zoonotic diseases.
Our butts were saved by snake dewormer...

Folsom

« Reply #171 on: 15 Apr 2020, 02:12 pm »
It probably works in low concentrations as opposed to alcohol where you'd be dead by the time you got enough in your blood. Still, I imagine it's a bit like using acid to wipe off something on your arm, it works well but takes a bit of skin with it.

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #172 on: 15 Apr 2020, 03:46 pm »
Ivermectin is already used in humans for certain parasitic infections.  It is used orally and topically.

charmerci

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #174 on: 15 Apr 2020, 06:56 pm »
Now there's Actemra to deal with the cytokine storm.

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-04-13/coworkers-save-coronavirus-doctor?fbclid=IwAR04NFBmslaica4wz_-SroYCHYW8ieSv-uOuEelbXprwYjbRhfzUoh89PVA
My daughter's hospital has had some success with anti cytokines.  Not sure if it's this one. 

ctviggen

« Reply #175 on: 15 Apr 2020, 07:33 pm »
My daughter's hospital has had some success with anti cytokines.  Not sure if it's this one.

I've also seen some very small studies with anti-cytokine drugs.  This makes sense, as the body overwhelms itself with too much of a cytokine response. 

I listened to a podcast where the doctor on it said that leptin (a satiety hormone) was a cytokine, which I did not know. 

genjamon

« Reply #176 on: 15 Apr 2020, 10:06 pm »
The problem of huge numbers of uncoordinated small studies is real:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/04/15/coronavirus-treatment-cure-research-problems/