Not Sure

BigDallyC

Not Sure
« on: 3 Mar 2020, 05:16 pm »
I'm not sure exactly how and where to make a post. For instance, I'm currently looking for advice and recommendations for buying an amp. Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks.  Dallas

JohnR

Re: Not Sure
« Reply #1 on: 3 Mar 2020, 06:23 pm »
Hi, normally introductions go into the Starting Block. However you can introduce yourself anywhere. Since you're probablly asking about solid-state amps, I'll move this thread to the All Solid State circle now.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #2 on: 3 Mar 2020, 06:34 pm »
Hi Dallas,

Welcome to Audio Circle.  :D

What speakers will your new amp have to drive? Budget?

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #3 on: 3 Mar 2020, 07:54 pm »
Welcome  :thumb:
If you have a hi sensitivity speaker as Klipsch RF7 or Lii 15'' FR driver both 100dB you will need a small tube amp as Dennis Had inspire Fire Bottle(aroubd $1500) or Decware Rachel EL34 $1495 or other similar.

Unfortunately I not wise to mention a SS amp at this low power, unless the expenive FirstWatt brand.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #4 on: 3 Mar 2020, 08:23 pm »
Hello, Dallas.

It would be very helpful for us if you tell us a little about your system - especially your speakers; the music you like; your room size, and anything else you can think of. Then, we (the readers) can offer up enough ideas that your head will spin.  :thumb:

Welcome to AC.

Michael