Adarsh

Audio Cable Quality
« Reply #20 on: 17 Feb 2005, 05:01 am »
Audioholics Anonymous  :lol:

Peace

Steve

confused
« Reply #21 on: 17 Feb 2005, 05:58 pm »
Now that the newbies and those interested in learning are confused by this string .........

dado5

Audio Cable Quality
« Reply #22 on: 18 Feb 2005, 02:33 pm »
Adarsh,

The cables look OK to me.  Shielded twisted pair construction is a good common sense build for low level cables as far as noise rejection goes.

Now regardless of what Frank, myself or anyone else says, the only relevant criteria for the cables performance is YOUR opinion of their sound in YOUR system. Neither crystal size nor distributed capacitance figures mean anything from your listening seat.  If you like what they do in your system great, if not return them and buy or build something else.

Rob

avahifi

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.avahifi.com
Audio Cable Quality
« Reply #23 on: 18 Feb 2005, 10:13 pm »
And the guy in the back of the bus with the boombox turned up to full distort really likes that too.

He wins.

He only spent $29.00

Frank Van Alstine

BeeBop

Audio Cable Quality
« Reply #24 on: 19 Feb 2005, 10:43 am »
First of all, many thanks to Frank for his cogent remarks on cable quality. At the risk of being skewered on Nathan's rapier wit, I have to admit I am one of those who bought first and is asking questions later. Anyhoo, I bought some DH Labs Silversonic Theatre Selects which are rated out at 25 pF per foot and found that they really made a difference in my system - took out a lot of glare in the high end and gave me better bass response, detail in the mids, and that ugly rash seems to have cleared up too! But seriously folks, that pico farad stat is something I didn't know before and I am grateful to Frank. I bought the cables on the recommendation of somone who has a reputation for being a straight shooter (Mike Dzurko at ACI) so I guess this is a plug for him too.