New user based in Indonesia

tommiegunawan and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. Read 120 times.

tommiegunawan

New user based in Indonesia
« on: 12 Feb 2020, 09:58 am »
Hi everyone, I was following Danny's (of GR Research) videos and ended up here
I'm based in Surabaya, Indonesia (if you have never heard of Indonesia, try Bali  8) and SB Acoustics, yeah SB acoustics is from my town)
Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself.
My current gear is:
Pioneer VSX933 Receiver
Klipsch RP-6000F
BMB SW115 subwoofer
Audioquest cables

usually I just stream Spotify and use the gear for my TV and Playstation.

Anyways, nice to meet you all.  :thumb:

Wind Chaser

Re: New user based in Indonesia
« Reply #1 on: 12 Feb 2020, 03:46 pm »
Welcome to Audio Circle!  :thumb:

tommiegunawan

« Reply #2 on: 12 Feb 2020, 03:59 pm »
Thank you for the warm welcome. Hope I can learn about HiFi :)

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #3 on: 12 Feb 2020, 04:04 pm »
Welcome Tommie  :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #4 on: 12 Feb 2020, 05:37 pm »
Welcome!

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #5 on: 12 Feb 2020, 06:23 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC tommie    :thumb:

tommiegunawan

« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 04:24 pm »
Hey everyone, I'm planning to buy a Marantz PM7000N for my stereo amp/streamer. Anyone know if it will pair nicely with my Klipsch RP-6000F? I have no audio store where I live (where I can try hifi gear) also the stores in my country do not have return policy. So I have to be real careful when I buy stuff. Lucky I love the Klipsch. Now I just need to upgrade my stereo amp so I can experience the "magic of stereo system."
Any comments would be greatly appreciated. :thumb:

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 05:00 pm »
Hi Tommie,
I have no listened the Marantz, but its know that horn speakers have better sound with tube amps. With this 97dB speaker I would say a tube amp of 10W or greater will suit your needs in a small room.

tommiegunawan

« Reply #8 on: Today at 12:28 am »
Hi Tommie,
I have no listened the Marantz, but its know that horn speakers have better sound with tube amps. With this 97dB speaker I would say a tube amp of 10W or greater will suit your needs in a small room.

there are not many tube amps (affordable anyway) around here, I have seen the review of Reisong A10. Do you think it is a good amp? From the reviews by Sean (Zero Fidelity) and Steve (Audiophiliac) it sounds like the amp is worth the $. What do you think? Again, there are no return policies here :(

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
« Reply #9 on: Today at 01:10 am »
there are not many tube amps (affordable anyway) around here, I have seen the review of Reisong A10. Do you think it is a good amp? From the reviews by Sean (Zero Fidelity) and Steve (Audiophiliac) it sounds like the amp is worth the $. What do you think? Again, there are no return policies here :(
Well its not the best amp being Ultralinear, it could be Triode, but at least its not PP. Make sure you get the Point to Point wiring version, avoid PCB amps.
https://www.china-hifi-audio.com/en/boyuu-audio-reisong-hi-fi-tube-amplifier-c-48/reisong-a10-el34b-tube-amp-single-end-class-a-hifi-audio-amplifier-boyuurange-p-1300?zenid=8e614e5da8a7d390f8fa6d3bf6b03580

tommiegunawan

« Reply #10 on: Today at 06:58 am »
Well its not the best amp being Ultralinear, it could be Triode, but at least its not PP. Make sure you get the Point to Point wiring version, avoid PCB amps.
https://www.china-hifi-audio.com/en/boyuu-audio-reisong-hi-fi-tube-amplifier-c-48/reisong-a10-el34b-tube-amp-single-end-class-a-hifi-audio-amplifier-boyuurange-p-1300?zenid=8e614e5da8a7d390f8fa6d3bf6b03580

I think I'm going to go with a Marantz PM7000N for its simplicity. I also heard rave reviews about it. What do you think? Will it match well with my Klipsch?

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
« Reply #11 on: Today at 07:25 am »
I think I'm going to go with a Marantz PM7000N for its simplicity. I also heard rave reviews about it. What do you think? Will it match well with my Klipsch?
I dont know this Marantz, for audiophiles that dont want retube a valve amp a fine Class D as Maraschino STM ($1200) is a great option, better both than the Reisong and the Marantz, they are member here in AC, they can ship this small amp to you:
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=174

https://www.cherryamp.com/the-stm-specs

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #12 on: Today at 12:30 pm »
Welcome!

Don't know the current Klipsch line up, and online reviews are very sparse for your speakers.  Classic Klipsch speakers were designed for use with low powered tube amps and had a forward/rough sound, lacking in deep bass.  That well earned reputation has hurt sales for decades as the world largely converted to bigger solid state amps that can cleanly output deep bass and speakers that matched solid state performance.  Note that Klipsch is still notorious for over rating their speaker efficiency (not an uncommon practice).  But modern Klipsch designs have kept up with the times. 

The Marantz would seem to be a good choice.  I'm a satisfied BlueSound user, so would also suggest looking into the NAD BlueSound Powernode 2i (should be a bit cheaper but "only" 60 watts per channel and lacks analog inputs).  With your highly efficient speakers 60 vs. 120 watts makes virtually no difference (the math would say 3 dB).