Corner Treatment

witchdoctor

Corner Treatment
« on: 15 Mar 2003, 04:39 pm »
I love the new room treatment I got from Bill. I am evaluating it piece by piece. I first installed four corners today using velcro. I auditioned with the song " Unforgettable" by Nat and Natalie Cole.
The result in my room was a light airiness with strings allowing them to soar, you can really feel when the musicians accentuate a phrase or note.
The string bass , piano , and drums became more clearly defined with better separation. I installed using velcro and did a few with and without corner treatment comparisons.
In a word I can't even listen now without the corners installed. It's like
getting the snow out of a TV picture, you can't go back to accepting a less defined image.
I look forward to installing the other pieces 1 part at a time and will report my results.

hairofthedawg

Corner Treatment
« Reply #1 on: 15 Mar 2003, 05:07 pm »
Great!  I was going to do that and wish I had, but I had to borrow the ladder I used and I was kind of in a hurry.  I look forward to reading your reports.  What other pieces did you get?  I put in a roompack with a few extras and was amazed!

cheers,

Dick

witchdoctor

Corner Treatment
« Reply #2 on: 15 Mar 2003, 05:40 pm »
I bought 4 Corners, 4 Seams, 4 Echoes and 2 Floorstanders.
I will post on the rest of the products ASAP.

hairofthedawg

Corner Treatment
« Reply #3 on: 15 Mar 2003, 06:24 pm »
I'm very interested in the floorstanders.  Where are you using them?  I've got a large open space on one side of my room and Bill recommended that I place some there.

cheers,

Dick

Eduardo AAVM

Corner Treatment
« Reply #4 on: 15 Mar 2003, 08:37 pm »
Thank you witchdoctor your comments make me feel more longing about when my rompack arrive, unfortunately I have not received my new amps yet but I want to know the great 8nerve products ASAP.

Tell us more about your testings...

witchdoctor

Corner Treatment
« Reply #5 on: 15 Mar 2003, 10:02 pm »
I got the floorstanders to place in open doorways to my listening room.
I have not tried them yet. It is amazing what a value these products are.
For less than a price of a good interconnect you can make your system sing like a diva. I don't know how they will transform different rooms. I live in a small NYC apt. with plaster walls that stink for acoustics.
I will be trying out the Echo's tomorrow and will let you know how they
work.