FS: 24/192-DSD Renderer: Bel Canto REFStream Asynch Ethernet Renderer- INCLUDE

who?me?

OK, the Renderer's full title is kind of a mouth full:
"Bel Canto REFStream Asynchronous Ethernet Renderer"

What the h*ll does a RENDERER do?

"Server, renderer, control point. Those are the ingredients of a UPnP/DLNA playback system. The server stores your music as well as the server software, the renderer is responsible for requesting your music from the server and passing it along to your attached DAC, while the control point is your interface to make this happen."

FYI: I am also willing to sell this Renderer along with a matching black Bel Canto DAC/Pre 3.7 and the external power supply- the VBL1. The Renderer will process the sound signal before going into the DAC/Pre 3.7.
[Click on "other ads by this user" or whatever it says to see Bel Canto DAC/Pre 3.7 ad)

The effect of the Renderer?
Better ..... everything - more solid, richer tones, better top to bottom and micr-dynamics, more powerful attacks, more nuanced decays, more slam on the low end. Highs are airier and more ethereal. Instruments sound clearer, the soundstage is more open, each artists is better visualized on the stage when you close your eyes.

Bel Canto was one of the first to put out Renderers. their digital tech is unique and TOTL.
They've been doing "digital" since the 1980s.

There has been a surge of interest and use in Renderers in the last 5 years.
Obviously b/c they improve the sound. The Renderer sorts out the sonic signal with specialized parts, and sends a more specific audio signal. Whereas, if not using a Renderer, the sonic sig al is not sorted out, it is sent to the DAC like one big blob of sonic info, this takes away the potential of better soundstage, and all the things that make music sound better (dynamics, nuance, more liquid and natural sounding ,etc)

Basically, you run an Ethernet from your SERVER or NAS or computer INTO the Renderer.
3 Outputs: XLR, SPDIF, and ST Fiber
See Pics

The package deal- with DAC/Pre, VBL1, and Ethernet Renderer is $3200.
And just so you know, the retail of those 3 pieces above is "only" .... $8500.
So, $3200 is 37% of the retail value. Thats right, its 37%.

Should be a no-brainer for anyone who understands high quality audio.

But back to the ETHERNET RENDERER: this is not a DAC.
I put this in the DAC category b/c there is no category for this type of audio unit.
And this is not an "accessory", FULLY FLESHED OUT AUDIOPHILE PIECE OF GEAR.

From Bel Canto:
"High performance asynchronous ultra-low phase noise audio renderer connects your computer or NAS networked music server through ethernet to your audio system."

After using this renderer, and hearing the obvious audio benefits, I now think of this as an essential piece of gear, like a CD player, preAmp, or amp, etc.
The benefits really are that dramatic. No BS.

[Before this technology, we just used a computer or NAS to run music into our DACs.
But then the higher end audio companies like Bel Canto broke down the steps from digital file to transporter, to renderer, etc. they saw that the music could be that much better, and they were right.]

I hear all the things that the studio producers, sound guys, and the band want us to hear.
But I (and we) couldn't hear these things before. I hear a guitar riff on a Beatles album that I
had never heard before. I heard TEXTURE of bass going down to 30 hz that never used to exist in my living room.

I hear a more realistic and airy top end. The chime-things on a Steely Dan album no longer sounds
like hard plastic, it now sounds like real metal (ting!) with kind of an aura of sound hugging around the instruments.

The URL link will take you straight to the BC Renderer page.
I encourage the reader to read it.

There are some very good reviews on the Internet such as:
** AudioSstream: https://www.audiostream.com/content/bel-canto-refstream-asynchronous-ethernet-renderer
** Stereophile: https://www.stereophile.com/content/bel-canto-ref-stream-ethernet-renderer-and-dac-27

Shipping and PP fees are INCLUDED for the continental US if bought at my asking price.
Renderer will be double boxed for safety.

Some Specs and info from the Bel Canto Website:

UPnP/DNLA Compatible with 3rd Party Control Software
Resolution up to 24-Bits, Sample rate up to 192kHz
Bit-Perfect Data Transmission
Support for Gapless Playback
Optimized playback of all formats: FLAC, ALAC, AIFF, WAV, DSD
Outputs: AES, RCA, STFiber

Note: the ST fiber is an awesome optical connector. BC is one of the few, if only audiophile companies that make components with these connectors. And a very good complement.
I have a Bel Canto ST Fiber for sale as well. Inquire if interested.

"Ultra Low Noise Femtosecond Master Clocks control the output jitter from the networked sources. This provides the lowest noise digital source for the system DAC and unprecedented sonic transparency from any source file."

Dual Ultra-Low Phase-Noise Clocks: Jitter <70Femtoseconds RMS, 100Hz-1MHz
Supported sampling rates: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz
Supported Lossless File types: WAV, AIFF, FLAC, ALAC, DSF, DFF
Supported word lengths: up to 24-bit and DSD64
Supported operating systems: Apple Macintosh and Microsoft Windows
General:

Power Usage On: 10W
Power Usage Off: 0W
Power Requirement: 120VAC/60Hz or 240VAC/50Hz set internally
Dimensions: 8.5โ€ W x12.5โ€ D x 3.5โ€ H (216mm x 318mm x 88mm)
Weight: 14lbs (6.5kg)

Reasonable offers will be considered,
Lowballers will be cursed!

Email with questions, thx!

Includes:

Original Boxes and Manual from Bel Canto. Stock power cord.
Renderer will be double boxed for safety.