I've been trying hard to share my iTunes library with a new to me BDP-1. I'm stuck at the 'Settings - NAS Setup' screen in the Manic Moose firmware.
1. I have the latest firmware, S2.42.
2. My iTunes library is on my PC.
3. I can access the firmware from my PC via a Wi-Fi router.
4. The wireless router is physically connected to the BDP-1
- the Network Interfaces tab can see the BDP-1
- the wireless router IP address corresponds with the IP address reported in the Network Interfaces tab
4. The firmware appears to be able to attempt to 'Add Share'
- NAS Setup sees my PC as an SMB device
- I add the Username and Password
- Clicking 'Next', the firmware quickly moves to 'Share'
This is where it appears to breakdown. Nothing is selectable in 'Share'.
Sadly, I'm not an expert in these things. I've turned on 'Share my library on my local network' in iTunes.
I have doubts that I'm the first individual to try to use my PC as a NAS and to try to use my iTunes library. But, maybe I'm wrong?
Thanks kindly for any help you can offer,
PS: Can anyone explain why I cannot search posts/forums? I've tried searching for keywords but the website tells me I cannot search.