Klipsch RP-600M Upgrade

et_uptown

Re: Klipsch RP-600M Upgrade
« Reply #200 on: 14 Sep 2020, 08:24 pm »
Hello AC and GR!

I'm working on my first upgrade and have a few questions regarding the crossover assembly for the 600M kit. I've looked at the crossover 101 thread and viewed Danny's youtube videos quite a bit, but am still unsure where the wire coming off the small inductor goes... I sure hope I'm not missing something obvious.

If possible, can I also get an overall sanity check on my wiring?
I'm super excited to get these soldered up and start listening to them!!

Values have been covered up : ) Any help is appreciated!

et_uptown

« Reply #201 on: 14 Sep 2020, 09:24 pm »
Ahhh ok it looks like that orange question mark is the negative return from the woofer...

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #202 on: 15 Sep 2020, 12:21 am »
Didn’t Danny send you a circuit diagram?

Hobbsmeerkat

« Reply #203 on: 15 Sep 2020, 12:25 am »
It should shunt (connect) to the ground/negative wire leading to the negative terminal, that's how the smaller inductor works on my X-LS.

Danny Richie

• Facilitator
    • http://www.gr-research.com
« Reply #204 on: 15 Sep 2020, 01:31 pm »
Looks good.

That other leg on the small inductor will get caught by the negative leg going from the woofer negative back to the negative tube connector.

et_uptown

« Reply #205 on: 16 Sep 2020, 01:03 pm »
Thanks guys for the replies (and Danny for the call) -- I'm fully up and running after one small change to fix a mistake I made. Now time to settle in and enjoy :)

Early impressions are a better integrated, more coherent presentation. Less shouty up top. Certainly more detail across the range. And the bass is tighter and cleaner. I did heavily damp the woofer frame with the extra no-rez.

It's still Klipsch-y, but more refined, and that's exactly what I was hoping for. And all this with just the stock binding posts... I'm going to cut over to the tube connectors in a few days :)

Cheers!

hawkeyejw

« Reply #206 on: 16 Sep 2020, 05:12 pm »
Thanks for checking in to give impressions, always cool to hear what people think when they complete a build or upgrade process. Please check back in to give impressions on the tube connectors when you do that switchover as well!

MichaelBliss

« Reply #207 on: 19 Nov 2020, 10:06 pm »
Hi Danny, is this correct?  ( it's my first time with a hot glue gun and doing a circuit)

angtrumpeter

« Reply #208 on: Yesterday at 01:22 am »
About ready to pull the trigger on the mod, but a quick question.  I currently bi-wire my Klipsch RP600M's.  Should I ask for another set of tube connectors to convert my bi-wire cables?

Looking forward to this project and am thinking about documenting my novice skills in this thread or a separate thread.

Thanks

Hobbsmeerkat

« Reply #209 on: Yesterday at 03:24 am »
About ready to pull the trigger on the mod, but a quick question.  I currently bi-wire my Klipsch RP600M's.  Should I ask for another set of tube connectors to convert my bi-wire cables?

Looking forward to this project and am thinking about documenting my novice skills in this thread or a separate thread.

Thanks

Yes, if you still plan to bi-wire your speakers then you'll definitely want a 2nd set of tube connectors to make sure your signal quality is maintained across both woofer & tweeter circuits.

Looking forward to seeing your process of upgrading them!

angtrumpeter

« Reply #210 on: Yesterday at 02:43 pm »
Then again, I could put one set of tube connectors in and be able to compare.  I guess I could always go back in a mount the second set later after listening to the difference...