Klipsch RP-600M Upgrade

Danny Richie

• Facilitator
    • http://www.gr-research.com
Re: Klipsch RP-600M Upgrade
« Reply #140 on: 17 Mar 2020, 04:01 pm »
I'm a new RP-600M owner after having a Cornwall and Heresy home theater many years ago. I'm not crazy about the the 600M's. It would be great if the upgrade made me love these speakers, but considering the price of the crossover upgrade, would it be better to just build the X-LS Encore and sell the 600Ms? Has anyone had both onhand to do a comparison?

If you want to get your feet wet in DIY and do a fun upgrade that will give you really improved results then go for the upgrade.

If you are looking for the best bang for the buck and best overall sound, then build the X-LS Encore. No contest.

Skilly

« Reply #141 on: 17 Mar 2020, 07:11 pm »
I reached the same conclusion about the decision to upgrade or just resell and build the x-ls. I sold the rp 600 m for more than I paid for them, by a small margin, and am waiting on the parts for the x-ls. I will happily post my impressions once the project is complete.

Scott

mlundy57

« Reply #142 on: 17 Mar 2020, 08:35 pm »
I reached the same conclusion about the decision to upgrade or just resell and build the x-ls. I sold the rp 600 m for more than I paid for them, by a small margin, and am waiting on the parts for the x-ls. I will happily post my impressions once the project is complete.

Scott

You're going to love those Encores, especially if you upgraded the crossover components and got the No-Rez.

maty

« Reply #143 on: 20 Mar 2020, 07:42 am »

Mmorrill88

« Reply #144 on: 1 Apr 2020, 09:37 pm »
Hey guys first post here, got my Rp8000f kit in so I'm starting to put that together. Just posting to see if you guys can just check it out see if it looks ok. I basically just copied what Homer did on a previous post, his layout made the most sense to me.