Lip Sync Problems...HELP!

Doublej

Re: Lip Sync Problems...HELP!
« Reply #20 on: 23 Nov 2019, 11:27 pm »
Likely others do not have a problem. If it were me I would seek guidance from Yamaha and secondarily Epson. If you can't get it resolved I would return one or both units if you are able and get different equipment.

Combinations of video equipment are similar to combinations of audio equipment. Sometimes various bits are just not compatible.

jriggy

« Reply #21 on: 24 Nov 2019, 12:03 am »
I only skimmed, so your issue may be more but sometimes it happens from having two video processings happening.
This article was posted in another thread: https://www.lifewire.com/audio-video-synchronization-in-home-theater-1846820 and it help with mine.

OlesonMD

« Reply #22 on: 24 Nov 2019, 12:32 am »
Riddle me this, Batman...my state-of-the-art UB900 player will not sync with the video. Audio lags behind.

But this econo $39.95 Sony BDP-BX370 syncs up just fine. And the UB900 was 17 times the price.

Found this on another forum...

The only caveat using any consumer lip-sync correction product currently available is that they all delay audio only. That's normally what is needed but in cases where the signals arrive "already" delayed more than your TV's video delay adding more audio delay can't correct it. That never used to happen but now that broadcasters are asked to transmit so many formats which require so many different audio delays to match the radically different video delays to keep them in sync mistakes are being made and I have seen a few cases where audio arrived delayed over 200 ms.

Update: Just checked the TV input, with Frontier Cable. The Smithsonian Channel is dead-spot-on. Perfect sync. It has to be the interface between certain BD Players and the AV Processor, namely Panasonic.

Side note - Did a firmware update on my antique Sony BDP-S301. Before the update, audio was synced pretty good. After the update, audio out of sync.
« Last Edit: 24 Nov 2019, 02:41 am by OlesonMD »

WGH

« Reply #23 on: 24 Nov 2019, 04:42 pm »
Have you tried plugging the HDMI video out from the Yamaha processor into a TV instead of the projector? Maybe with a different HDMI cable, but only change one variable at a time. The results should narrow down the culprit. Many times I have been positive I discovered the source of a problem only to find out I was wrong.

OlesonMD

« Reply #24 on: 24 Nov 2019, 06:40 pm »
Have you tried plugging the HDMI video out from the Yamaha processor into a TV instead of the projector? Maybe with a different HDMI cable, but only change one variable at a time. The results should narrow down the culprit. Many times I have been positive I discovered the source of a problem only to find out I was wrong.

Not an option, as there are no TV’s close to the theater. And I don’t have a 50’ HDMI.

edit: My Pioneer AV Receiver actually has a + / - adjustment for audio sync, meaning you can either advance or retard the audio.
« Last Edit: 25 Nov 2019, 02:15 pm by OlesonMD »

OlesonMD

« Reply #25 on: 29 Nov 2019, 12:10 pm »
Update: It appears that the issue has largely abated.

Now using the Surround-Decode Auto setting on the Yamaha CX-A5200, with zero additional processing of audio. The video and audio is synced up perfectly.

Using the Bitstream out from the UB-900.

WGH

« Reply #26 on: 29 Nov 2019, 03:42 pm »
 :thumb: