I own an earlier version of the Sony X1100ES (the Sony UHPH1) and would recommend the Sony highly for SQ and a lot of other reason.
1) It plays every format/disc including SACD and DVD-A.
2) It is DLNA capable. It comes bundled with the Spotify streaming app but I use bubbleupnp to stream tidal NP.
3) It has a feature called DSEE-HX which is NOT just an upsampler. It is a proprietary Sony technology that takes the incoming audio signal and makes it more like a hirez signal. It really works. I have had DACS that upsample before and this is much better. https://blogs.sonymobile.com/2016/03/15/behind-the-acronym-dsee-hx-with-audio-engineer-kenichi-matsumoto/
4) It has a bunch of streaming apps which was very important to me. I think more than the other players available.
5) You can also use its built in DTS-Neo 6 feature for either movies or music. I like it listening to old movies that are in stereo to be able to hear them in surround.
6) Sony is always releasing new firm ware updates which keeps it updated.
7) It includes RCA,optical, and coax outs in addition to HDMI.
It has two HDMI ports and a feature you can choose to enable which send the video out one port and the audio out the other. When this is engaged it makes a nice upgrade to both video and audio.
9) It sounds GREAT as a stand alone CDP.
10) The price is nice.
If you aren't interested in Dolby Vision you might find the Sony 1000ES on sale. It is similar to the 1100ES in all other aspects except for DV.