Mivera Purepower SE - Icepower 1200AS2 amp

genjamon

Mivera Purepower SE - Icepower 1200AS2 amp
« on: 21 Sep 2019, 03:46 am »
Selling my Mivera Purepower SE amp in silver finish - no blemishes, perfect condition. 

This is the one with the full upgrades - the nice thick high quality machined aluminum case, with all internal upgrades including the silver/gold wiring on both inputs and speaker outputs, highest quality Furutech input and speaker connectors. The high end Furutech speaker connectors are awesome!  Best ones I've ever used - very easy to make connections and clamp down really tight without difficulty.  It also has the rhodium Furutech RCA input jacks.  Also top end Furutech power inlet.  This is all a cut above the Nord and Apollon options out there.  There's basically nothing you can upgrade on this unit.  It'll give you the best that modern Class D has to offer.

Wish I'd gotten a set of XLR's to be able to swap out if needed, but I never invested.  You might be able to get Mike to make you a set if you join his club over at the Mivera website/forum. 

I also bypassed the chassis fuse, because the module inside has a fuse right at the input that makes the chassis fuse largely duplicative.  I did listen with and without the fuse, and found eliminating it made a real difference.  I also upgraded the fuse on the board to the highest quality Audio Magic Ultimate Beeswax SHD fuse ($225 upgrade).  This also made quite a difference.  Between the two fuse improvements - even more transparent and yet smooth and a touch more body.  BUT, if you're uncomfortable bypassing the chassis fuse, I would be willing to reinsert it before shipping.

Seriously downsizing the system to free up cash instead of packing away to protect from the toddler. 

Asking $1200 plus shipping.  It's not too heavy, so shipping shouldn't cost a lot. 

« Last Edit: 21 Sep 2019, 09:40 pm by genjamon »