MMDCi vs. Royal Master mk1

vinagunner

« on: 3 Feb 2005, 02:52 pm »
i've recently sold my mmdci and planning to get a used pair of the royal master mk1.

please give me feed-back on this matter. ANY!  :D

i'd also appreciate some advice on how to improve the rm mk1 too.

thanks in advanced.

davejcb

« Reply #1 on: 4 Feb 2005, 05:09 am »
I haven't heard the De Cappos, but I own a pair of Royal Masters in Piano Black.

All I can say is that they are outstanding in every way, incredible bass from such a small speaker, and coupled with my SET amps they produce very natural mids and highs.

The soundstaging and imaging act they pull is amazing. They completely dissapear when placed right. When I turn off the lights and listen to some track at night, it's pure magic.

Go for it!

vinagunner

« Reply #2 on: 4 Feb 2005, 11:53 am »
encouraging words, dave!  :D

well, i can get my hands on a pair of the rm mk1 version (they are so difficult to get here in norway, and i can't afford a brand new pair of virtuoso. buying used from the america? forget it!  they're very seldom for sale..:wink: ).

quess yours are the mk2, you lucky man. i'm planning to change the capasitors (what's the value of it, anyway, and which ones are to be recommended?).

i've slight concern regarding my tiny ear-yoshino v20 (cdp is sonic frintiers sfcd-1). what do you think?

while admiring the mmdci i still find them a little bit on the bright side, so i'll swap them for the rm mk1 (at no extra cost). so, yes, these are exciting times. let's hope i haven't shot myself in the fot this time!

regards.