What brand USB cable are you guys using..??

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
Re: What brand USB cable are you guys using..??
« Reply #60 on: 10 Sep 2019, 12:48 pm »
  I was using  a Mad Scientist USB cable sounded great. Then the Shunyata Alpha was recommended to me by one of my customers. He brought it over for a demo and I was impressed. Dang is that cable worth every penny he spent. It is not often actually quite rare that a cable makes an improvement similar to a component change. Well the Sigma did that. Now in my system.

charles

Big Red Machine

« Reply #61 on: 15 Jan 2020, 06:48 pm »

All that said, Shunyata has broken new boundaries in USB Cable Transmission technology. Everything about the music, imaging, detail, finesse, width, depth, height, clarity and most of all emotion has improved immensely.

Funny to revisit this today and see your words. I had three words to describe my first 2 hours with this USB cable last night: delicacy, clarity, and truthfulness.

I'm impressed with it and hopeful it gets even better with more hours of use. A blacker background allows the above to happen.

BTW, it took a month to get this as they are backordered.

kmmd

« Reply #62 on: 15 Jan 2020, 07:36 pm »

Funny to revisit this today and see your words. I had three words to describe my first 2 hours with this USB cable last night: delicacy, clarity, and truthfulness.

I'm impressed with it and hopeful it gets even better with more hours of use. A blacker background allows the above to happen.

BTW, it took a month to get this as they are backordered.

Congrats on finally receiving and auditioning this cable.  I also waited a month.  What Shunyata has done is revolutionary, and they sound very good out of the box.  Just wait, and the music will improve over time. :)  I'm still waiting on my Denali 6000s V2 power conditioner.  Then I'll order their new 8000T once it's released.  I can't wait to audition everything together. 

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #63 on: 15 Jan 2020, 07:56 pm »
Congrats on finally receiving and auditioning this cable.  I also waited a month.  What Shunyata has done is revolutionary, and they sound very good out of the box.  Just wait, and the music will improve over time. :)  I'm still waiting on my Denali 6000s V2 power conditioner.  Then I'll order their new 8000T once it's released.  I can't wait to audition everything together.

Which model. Mine was superseded by the TWL split USB.

charles

kmmd

« Reply #64 on: 15 Jan 2020, 08:05 pm »
Charles, I am using the Shunyata Sigma USB.  I believe that BRM is as well.

Jon L

« Reply #65 on: 15 Jan 2020, 08:08 pm »
Server (SOtM USB card)->USB adapter->DXIO PRO3Z usb-spdif converter->BNC adapter->DAC 
Getting rid of a USB cable and digital coax cable from the chain was a HUGE leap in transparency  :thumb:

USBa-b by drjlo2, on Flickr

bncAdap by drjlo2, on Flickr

0113201945_HDR by drjlo2, on Flickr