Paul Kaplan - passed away

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Where Home demo rules
Re: Paul Kaplan - passed away
« Reply #20 on: 16 Jul 2019, 04:55 pm »
RIP my friend. Remembering the days we listened to music in his home, enjoyed some libations and chilled.  Always a stimulating conversation about power conditioning and cords. A brilliant Man he was. Self mad and genuine.  One of a kind. I will never forget you Paul.

charles

JakeJ

• Volunteer
  • You know I'm right, Charlie Brown!
« Reply #21 on: 16 Jul 2019, 05:32 pm »
Paul Kaplan of Waveform Fidelity formerly Kaplan Kables?  Member Occam?  Sorry to hear this, I thought he was a young man?  Condolences to his family and friends, rollo.  He was both respectable and respectful.  RIP Paul.

Just caught a previous post that he had cancer.

Jake

AKSA

« Reply #22 on: 16 Jul 2019, 11:28 pm »
Gutted.  Paul and I were long friends;  I stayed a week with him and Nancy in 2007 in Brooklyn after RMAF and we got along like brothers.  Wonderful man, very smart mind and a sponge for information with hilarious humor.
I followed his dismal journey with CA of the pancreas and he lasted more time than anyone I know of - four years.  He had huge surgery and 18 sessions of chemo which would have killed most people.  An incredible will to live, a medical hero to many.
RIP, Paul, we will miss you.......
Hugh Dean

tvyankee

« Reply #23 on: 17 Jul 2019, 01:42 am »
That guy was the best. He was one of the reasons I always came to the rave. He was a joy to hang with and not just because of audio . He liked all the same shit I did cigars great beer stereos and some other stuff .

One time I remember hanging at his kitchen table not at a rave but just hanging and I was looking around as Paul's house is pretty cool and seeing boxes of large transformers and thinking wow that's a lot o shit and he turned to me and said u know anyone who wants some and I said no and he said my wife is throw my ass out of the house if I don't sell these fucking things and we just sat and laughed our asses off.

Brother Paul may you rest in peace.

I for sure will miss you.

Dave

rpf

« Reply #24 on: 20 Jul 2019, 01:57 am »
I'm really sorry to hear this. Paul, as everyone has said, was a really good guy: brilliant, funny, and real. I unfortunately lost touch with him when I moved south several years ago - due to my family health issues - but his speaker cables and ICs are still in my system and are not likely to ever move.

Condolences to Nancy and family, whom he loved dearly. RIP.
« Last Edit: 20 Jul 2019, 04:52 am by rpf »

Bemopti123

« Reply #25 on: 20 Jul 2019, 06:25 pm »
I remember Paul in some of the long gone and missed NYRaves across different towns across the tri state area.  I remember him as someone with a irreverent sense of humor, in retrospect very NY.  When he got his kitchen counter cables started, I got myself one.  When I spoke to him afterwards he said, "Man you should have told me.  I could have hooked you up.  But now that you got yourself one, whenever you need another one, I will take care of you."  That is the sort of man he was and that I choose to remember him as such, such a down to Earth guy.  May you rest in peace for you are part of the memory of many of us here. 

Paul