GR Research NX Extremes

Endo2112

• Particularist
GR Research NX Extremes
« on: 13 Jul 2019, 06:59 pm »
With great reluctance I'm needing to sell my Wonderful Extremes, these were a labor of love to build but due to circumstances that I can't control, they must go. They also come with a 4 stack of OB subs that include the HX 800 amps, some bits about these;

-complete redo of the original x-overs that now include Clarity CMR main caps with Jupiter bypass caps, Jantzen inductors, as well as Mundorf zero's for the low end
-completely wired with OCC Neotech wire
-no-rez included with subs, just not in picture
-paint is the wonderful House of Colors

Pick up would be essential as shipping these would not really work, I'm located in B.C. In wine country, if that helps
Price is $7995 USD, which is a steal
Feel free to call me with any questions that you may have @ 1-250-317-7888

Don

Link to photo
https://www.audiocircle.com/image.php?id=189605

Captainhemo

Re: GR Research NX Extremes
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jul 2019, 09:12 pm »
Paint is House of Kolor  Pavo Purple  Base coat topped with a   silver / white  Marblizer.  that  is followed  by  an inter-coat clear  then     a couple coats of  Vioet Ice Pearl.  Finally, it's all topped  with    3  coats of  HOK  Show Clear.  Lots of different  effects in different  lighting conditions

A couple additional pics :

jay

Endo2112

• Particularist
« Reply #2 on: 28 Jul 2019, 04:46 pm »
Bump;

Will to separate should you just want the Extremes.

Don

Captainhemo

« Reply #3 on: 4 Aug 2019, 05:29 pm »
Here's some more info on these

Hey, thought  I give this a bump for  Don and   breakdown original show replacement  costs

basic NX-Trem kit                        $2995
Modular quad H-frame cabinet kt  $1250
8 SW12 16FR's                            $1832
2 x HX800                                   $1138
7 sheets no-rez for  sub cabinets                   $385
Crosover Upgrades                       $3000  ( very conservative)
Clarity CMR   Caps (high pass/midrange), Clarity CSA caps (low pass / notch filter), Jantzen 12awg inductors ( high pass, midrange, notch filter), Mundorf Zero Ohm inductor (low pass), Dueland resistor (notch filter) 100+ '  Neotech UPOCCsolid 16 in teflon jacket, , Mundorf silver  solder
House of Kolor  paint on  NX-treme cabinets   $3000
(Pavo Purple base coat, silver white marbelizer, inter coat clear,  2 coats Ice Pearl, 3 caots  Show Clear)
Satin white lacquer  paint  (quad subs towers)         $600

TOTAL    $14,200

that total DOES NOT include anything for anything for cabinet asembly, epoxy, prep,  after paint final assembly,   Furrutech Alpha  Copper  sub  wiring, numerous sets of tube connectors for external  c/o's  etc etc... lots of  little exttras.

This is a  forced  sale,, someone's going to get a   deal that   likely won't come along  again

and a  link to the   product info page on the GR Research  site
http://gr-research.com/nx-treme.aspx

jay

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 6 Aug 2019, 05:02 am »
If you are curious about how these sound, check out the show coverage by Part-Time Audiophile of the NX Extremes at the Lone Star Audio Fest this past May here  https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2019/06/04/gr-research-dodd-audio-lone-star-audio-fest-2019/

Mike