Audio Envy Cables

jtcf and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. Read 7394 times.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Where Home demo rules
Re: Audio Envy Cables
« Reply #20 on: 25 Jul 2019, 07:52 pm »
  The Elite PC is 8Ga. Is Mega is 7Ga ?

charles

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #21 on: 25 Jul 2019, 09:37 pm »
How do the speaker cables compare to others out there like Zu or other comparably priced sc's?

misterclean

« Reply #22 on: 26 Jul 2019, 04:25 am »

I will be receiving six of these power cords on Saturday, including the new Mega cord for my power conditioner, per Captain's recommendation. I bought the whole bunch of them for the price of just one of the cords that they will be replacing. Can't wait to hear how they sound. Big thanks to all here who have contributed their experiences with them. There is practically nothing at all on Audiogon on them, though that may soon change, if this momentum continues to build.

JackD

« Reply #23 on: 26 Jul 2019, 04:56 am »
Being "popular" with the crowd on Audiogon is not necessarily a good thing.

MttBsh

« Reply #24 on: 26 Jul 2019, 07:13 am »
How do the speaker cables compare to others out there like Zu or other comparably priced sc's?

I’ve read just a couple of reviews - very favorable - of their NV SP7 speaker cables, and am now thinking of buying a pair as I am remodeling and my walls are open, perfect time to make the switch. If anyone has a pair and can provide comparisons to other cables I too would be very interested in your feedback.

misterclean

« Reply #25 on: 26 Jul 2019, 05:27 pm »
@JackD

Agreed.  Then again, you have to learn to separate the wheat from the chaff on any high end site, including this one.

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #26 on: 26 Jul 2019, 05:51 pm »
Captain is a young dude...

https://youtu.be/AsLbK6yZeN8

misterclean

« Reply #27 on: 26 Jul 2019, 06:16 pm »

Hilarious! In my head, the Captain was an aging, grizzled fellow who developed a knack for audio on his downtime aboard an old war ship. Damned cliches! He looks like he may have started shaving about a week ago.

My cables just arrived, by the way. Six of them in a box too small for a decent pair of shoes. Amazing. I put them on everything, and away we go! So far, so good.

rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #28 on: 26 Jul 2019, 06:26 pm »
Hilarious! In my head, the Captain was an aging, grizzled fellow who developed a knack for audio on his downtime aboard an old war ship. Damned cliches! He looks like he may have started shaving about a week ago.

My cables just arrived, by the way. Six of them in a box too small for a decent pair of shoes. Amazing. I put them on everything, and away we go! So far, so good.

The Eichman connectors take some time to fully settle according to Eichman himself. Out of box VG. Allow 175 hours or more to get it all.

charles

misterclean

« Reply #29 on: 26 Jul 2019, 06:33 pm »

Thanks, Charles. I am breaking in some new Coppertone speaker cables--which I may well end up comparing to the Audio Envy speaker cables, if the power cords are as good as they seem to be. I'll give them all a while before passing judgment.

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #30 on: 26 Jul 2019, 08:55 pm »
I’ve read just a couple of reviews - very favorable - of their NV SP7 speaker cables, and am now thinking of buying a pair as I am remodeling and my walls are open, perfect time to make the switch. If anyone has a pair and can provide comparisons to other cables I too would be very interested in your feedback.

I just placed an order for some SP 7 sc's. He gives you a 45 day trial so I figured what the hell.

rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #31 on: 30 Jul 2019, 02:27 pm »
I went with a couple 2p Ocean Elite power cords; I noticed a slight reduction in hum, so it has me curious. The sound feels more natural; no negatives thus far. Has anyone noticed a benefit to replacing the power cord going into the distribution box? I appreciate the help.

The 2P is the un-grounded version. Best used for digital source. Use 3P for Amps, conditioners, strips, etc.

charles

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #32 on: 30 Jul 2019, 08:42 pm »
  The 2P is the un-grounded version. Best used for digital source. Use 3P for Amps, conditioners, strips, etc.
charles
I hope that the 2P cable is designed for equipment with 2 pin chassis connectors.

Mike B.

« Reply #33 on: 31 Jul 2019, 05:05 pm »
You guys peaked my interest. I just ordered a 1.5 meter balanced interconnect from Captain. Said he would mail it today. How's that for service :D

maxima95

« Reply #34 on: 28 Aug 2019, 10:07 pm »
Does anyone have any word on how they sound?

Mike B.

« Reply #35 on: 28 Aug 2019, 10:41 pm »
I got the balanced cable and I am impressed. I ordered another interconnect with RCA connectors. These are a big bang for the buck IMO.

sunnydaze

« Reply #36 on: 28 Aug 2019, 11:11 pm »
Does anyone have any word on how they sound?

Read the reviews from real actual users (not pros) on his website.   Each Product page has a "reviews" tab.

Studio-Prestige RCA I/C: http://audioenvy.com/product/home-car-pro-interconnects/nv-4s-pr-rca/#reviews

I bought this I/C a few weeks ago and am impressed.   I added my review to his page.

maxima95

« Reply #37 on: 28 Aug 2019, 11:36 pm »
Thank you Mike B. and sunnydaze.

apstoltz

« Reply #38 on: 22 Oct 2019, 01:40 pm »
I have been quite pleased the pc cable I purchased a few months ago. It is very fast with great detail and clarity. I think I may try out their I/C's as I have been using my old trusty Belden 8402 home brew.

jtcf

« Reply #39 on: 1 Nov 2019, 10:21 pm »
I've been swapping out cables and tubes in my system for the past few months and just can't get things quite right yet.I just ordered 2 power cords and 2 ics (Ocean Elite and Studio Prestige) since the proof is in the listening after all.I prefer to support the small boutique companies when possible.This is my retirement system so I really want to get it put together just right.
I was actually pretty happy with it overall until my Vincent CDP died.Arrgh!It wasn't super detailed but it was so organic and natural sounding.
Swapping tubes would produce different but never better sound after the new Dac and transport took it's place.Ics and power cords are the weak spots.This is where I start to hear major improvement except never throughout the entire frequency spectrum.Six of one half a dozen of the other🤔So I'm on a quest to get the system back in balance hopefully by investing hundreds rather than thousands.My speaker cables are staying,I really really like them.Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Oval 8.
Dac  Tubadour lll
Transport  Cambridge
Pre  LTA MicroZ2
Amp Aric Audio Transcend
Tekton Impact Monitors