NuPrime MCX review

sresener

Re: NuPrime MCX review
« Reply #20 on: 13 Sep 2019, 01:35 am »
What are you using for a pre amp?
 I found when I used my avr's  as a pre-amp it was great for movies and only adequate for music.

doudou74

« Reply #21 on: 13 Sep 2019, 11:49 am »
as a preamplifier I use an Arcam avr390 with diraclive, music remains the priority in my installation. Thank

sresener

« Reply #22 on: 14 Sep 2019, 12:57 am »
One of the receivers I tried was a anthem mr1120 and it did not hold a candle to what my evolution dac does as a pre amp.

I have no experience  with arcam  avrs but every avr  I tried as a dac / preamp for critical two channel listening..... the avr was the weak link in my system.

But if you ever take the dedicated dac/preamp route make sure it has ht bypass (if you plan to integrate  it into your surround system)
« Last Edit: 14 Sep 2019, 03:25 am by sresener »

doudou74

« Reply #23 on: 14 Sep 2019, 04:54 am »

thank you, I had before the hd dac1 marantz with pm14s1, the couple was my taste less good, the avr arcam with a power block on it.

Jye

« Reply #24 on: 16 Sep 2019, 05:05 am »
Given your preference of the Arcam over the Marantz, and for the convenience of trigger inputs, go for the MCX-3. It should provide you with the heightened dynamics and a larger soundfield you're missing out with just the Arcam alone.

doudou74

« Reply #25 on: 16 Sep 2019, 05:50 am »
Hello,
thank you, the mcx3 has done more for the rear tracks, the one that has the same power supply as the mcx2 but divided on 3 channels so less watts on the front. 180 watts under 8ohms against 550 watts with the mcx2, the difference is it audible?

Jye

« Reply #26 on: 17 Sep 2019, 04:54 am »
At normal listening volumes, the difference will be minimal. But if you have the luxury of listening at loud volumes, the more powerful amplifier will tend to keep the dynamics and composure against the lesser powered sibling.

zomar

« Reply #27 on: 12 Oct 2019, 07:56 pm »
How well will a MCX-2 drive a pair of Magnepan MMGs ? The wattage seems more than adequate, but is current and damping sufficient ? Anyone's experience would be appreciated. Thanks