NuPrime MCX review

rustydoglim

NuPrime MCX review
« on: 12 Jun 2019, 09:12 am »
John Ransley strikes again with a very detailed MCX review.  His readers know he really spent a lot of time on his review and therefore his reviews are followed outside of New Zealand.

https://totallywired.nz/nuprime-2/nuprime-x-mcx-2-stereo-power-amplifier/

RafaPolit

• www.rafaelpolit.com
Re: NuPrime MCX review
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jun 2019, 08:01 pm »
Really nice, as always. Still, I'll insist that it wouldn't hurt to read such glowing reviews from someone that is not going to directly benefit from selling the thing he just praised.  Would give it a more objective weight to it.

Rafa.

sresener

« Reply #2 on: 14 Jun 2019, 02:09 am »
Really nice, as always. Still, I'll insist that it wouldn't hurt to read such glowing reviews from someone that is not going to directly benefit from selling the thing he just praised.  Would give it a more objective weight to it.

Rafa.

I agree completely with this.

rustydoglim

« Reply #3 on: 14 Jun 2019, 02:41 pm »
quote author=RafaPolit link=topic=164280.msg1746732#msg1746732 date=1560456106]

Rafa.
[/quote]

If you have been following John's reviews, then you will get an accurate picture of what he is trying to tell you. Compare what he has written for ST-10, ST-10M, Evolution One, and then MCX. That's where you get a relative picture.  Since there are now quite a few trusted reviews from users and even professional reviews, you can compare if John's review of Evo One is on the mark.  If he has been providing good information in the past, there is a very high chance he is just continuing his good work on MCX. And the next one.  His long time readers follow his reviews. We prominently featured him on our website and social media post because he can tell a better story about our product then us. 

Sure, you are skeptical because he is a dealer. But spend time following his reviews.  No rush to buy, just keep reading his old reviews.
A bias reviewer will quickly discredit himself because after reading more than a few reviews, you get the picture that he is selling the latest stuff.
We should consider all reviews biased - if it is not biased with personal preference, experience, then it is biased with financial motivation.

I do want to caution that MCX is specifically designed for people who want to use it for movies as much as music, and your music preference is more diverse, a mix of rock, pop, newage, classical, jazz, ...
Some people will find MCX too flavourful over ST-10.   That's why we don't actively promote MCX series in this forum, where most people want a system for music listening.