Balanced or se on sta-9 power amplifier

chilli6565

Balanced or se on sta-9 power amplifier
« on: 7 Jun 2019, 03:03 am »
Hi All,

I Have just started running in a NuPrime sta 9 power amplifier, and I am very impressed already.

My current system consists of A Bel Canto cd3t transport, a Bel Canto Dac 1.5 with pre amp . It has both Balanced and se ended outputs.

My cables are DH Labs and I have tried both the se and balanced connection between the dac/pre and sta 9.

I find the se to be more open and livelier but the balanced to maybe be cleaner with better depth but a tad closed in and sat on ?

Anyway would love to hear some feedback from  anyone who has tried both types on connection

Cheers

Paul

RafaPolit

• www.rafaelpolit.com
Re: Balanced or se on sta-9 power amplifier
« Reply #1 on: 7 Jun 2019, 01:41 pm »
If you look just 5 threads below this (4 before you wrote your question), there's a ver recent discussion on the subject:
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=163909.0

Luculus

« Reply #2 on: 8 Jan 2020, 10:27 am »
Hy all
I am re-activating this thread because I have so far not found the answer to the question (sorry Rafapolit, but your ref. leads to a thread discussing cables, not answering the question...)
So the real question is: Are Nuprime amplifiers true balanced design, or is the XLR input/output only functionnal ?
Thx in advance

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #3 on: 8 Jan 2020, 06:42 pm »
There are balanced interconnect systems, which are always better (at least at the theoretical level).
Then there are balanced internal circuit designs.
Two entirely different ballgames.

Luculus

« Reply #4 on: 9 Jan 2020, 07:45 am »
Exactly: Hence my question: Are the Nuprime, esp. the ST10M that I own, true balanced conception ?

rustydoglim

« Reply #5 on: 9 Jan 2020, 09:06 pm »
YES

Luculus

« Reply #6 on: 10 Jan 2020, 07:04 am »
YES

A clear and straight answer  :icon_lol: Thank you Jason  :thumb:

EvvyLodish

« Reply #7 on: 14 Jan 2020, 06:07 pm »
Hi....the transformer in the front provides good weight distribution and counterbalances speaker and line level cables connected to the back. There's a little heatsink in the middle of the chassis, a little bit toward the back. This area of the chassis gets warm to the touch when the amp is in operation.

RafaPolit

• www.rafaelpolit.com
« Reply #8 on: 15 Jan 2020, 05:23 pm »
Hi....the transformer in the front provides good weight distribution and counterbalances speaker and line level cables connected to the back. There's a little heatsink in the middle of the chassis, a little bit toward the back. This area of the chassis gets warm to the touch when the amp is in operation.

Is this a question or are you letting the rest of us know of this issue?

rustydoglim

« Reply #9 on: 19 Jan 2020, 12:25 am »
He could be from NuPrime or a dealer, I can't tell who that is.  :scratch:
I think it is just FYI.