Morning Coffee - Discussion

adydula

• Facilitator
Re: Morning Coffee - Discussion
« Reply #40 on: 23 Jul 2019, 03:36 pm »
Finally back home in Raleigh , NC... good to sleep in your own bed! LOL!

Lots of great times on the road, good food, good coffee and great beer!!

My kids are born and raised to about 12 yrs old in Vermont, the old 10 acres of land, house I built on a hill with a long 800ft driveway....idyllic setting but with a nasty winter, lots of snow, cold weather that was so cold it did not get above 0 degrees for two weeks in January!! ..and cutting firewood to help alleviate the costs of heating in those long cold days...

Visiting Vermont in winter if your a tourist is ok, but living there for 25 years takes its toll for sure...

So going back to Vermont in the summer months we get to enjoy it there but back to the sunny and hot south for the rest of the time!!

So, Maple Syrup, great "creamee's" or soft server ice cream with a HIGH butter fat content, breakfasts overlooking Lake Champlain...awesome craft beer...and visiting old friends was really nice.

Glad to be back though!

Hope all of you are well!

Alex

brooklyn

« Reply #41 on: 23 Jul 2019, 05:51 pm »
Welcome back Alex..

Yep, there’s nothing like returning home after a nice well deserved vacation..

I don’t get back to NY much anymore but I also miss many food items like pizza
and some of the restaurants we use to frequent. I don’t miss New York winters either..
I want heat… lol

Jerry

adydula

• Facilitator
« Reply #42 on: 31 Jul 2019, 12:34 pm »
Well, with 6oz of coffee and 2 pieces of peanut butter coated multi grain toast in my gut....I saw this morning over at headfi, in the Schitt thread (one of many) as I went thru my ususal checking out the headphone sites information I came across something new to me that you might want to take a look at.

We have solid state and vacuum tubes, discrete and integrates and combinations of all those.

But here is a monoblock amp that has a tube with a circuit board inside of it!!!

Take a look!

http://agdproduction.com/gantube.html

adydula

• Facilitator
« Reply #43 on: 13 Aug 2019, 12:37 pm »
Good Morning!

Where has everyone gone?

Hope all is well with you folks.....the summer here in North Caroina has been hot, humid and much rain here in Raleigh!

Just got back from the mountains for a small weekend getaway from the heat here.

Its 10 deg cooler in the mountains near Boone, NC.

Today is repair a loose hardwood board from my crawl space, not looking forward to that  :D

Have a great day !

Alex

brooklyn

« Reply #44 on: 13 Aug 2019, 04:26 pm »
Good morning Alex..

The weather here in Oklahoma has also been hot and humid, unfortunately there isn’t any mountains near us to escape to.
We might have to travel to a different state like Arkansas to see them..

I recently purchased and experimenting with some new Audioquest I/C cables and a Oyaide Neo USB cable for my desktop
system. Right now I’m going through the break-in period..

While I was waiting to see if HiFiMan was going to have a sale on there Ananda Headphones, a pretty good deal came up on a
preowned Sennheiser HD 800’s that I couldn’t pass up so I took the plunge.. They should be here soon.. I’ll finally get to see
what all the fuss is about..

Jerry

hibuckhobby

• On a search for audio nirvana
« Reply #45 on: 13 Aug 2019, 06:02 pm »
Morning all!  Beautiful low humidity day in Minnesota.  (Rare, so we take when we get it)  some Starbucks Morning Joe as I listen to the Chord Mojo I just picked up.  Great as a dac and decent as an amp.  Also picked up some IXS iems that I’m breaking in.  First iems I’ve had.  Not bad.
regards,
Hibuck...

twitch54

« Reply #46 on: 13 Aug 2019, 06:27 pm »
late to the party(afternoon here), but had some great Sumatra this morning with the members of our local coffee clutch and discussed how awful the Phillies are ...........

adydula

• Facilitator
« Reply #47 on: 13 Aug 2019, 07:15 pm »
brooklyn!

Hey stay cool out there in the midwest!

I will really be interested interested in your first hand experience with the HD800's.

I really want to buy a set of these but $1500 is a lot for me here, but I have been so tempted several times...

I got the HD600s for $275 or so and they area supposed to be a lot like the 800's but the soundstage is the biggtest difference according to many.

I really like the 600 overall sound and if the 800's would be like this but with a wider soundstage, then this could be the endgame for me!!

Listening to Lars Erstrand, Jazz at the Pawnshop, Body and soul with these $30 Koss KPH30i's and Pete Milettes BUTTE head amp...gosh what a wonderful sound...
the vibes are so lifelike!

All the best!
Alex
« Last Edit: 13 Aug 2019, 11:53 pm by adydula »

adydula

• Facilitator
« Reply #48 on: 13 Aug 2019, 07:17 pm »
hibuckhobby...

Morning to ya!

Chord moji..another stellar piece of gear!

Did you get it new or used? If you dont mind me asking how much did this set you back?

Never have had the chance to use one.
Alex

adydula

• Facilitator
« Reply #49 on: 13 Aug 2019, 07:19 pm »
twitch 54..

Mornng to ya as well.

One of my favorite blends is 50% of Starbucks Sumatra with 50% of Peets Major Dickason's....really a nice combination!

Thanks for shouting out!

Please come back!

Phillies??   :D :D :D

Alex

hibuckhobby

• On a search for audio nirvana
« Reply #50 on: 20 Aug 2019, 02:52 pm »
hibuckhobby...

Morning to ya!

Chord moji..another stellar piece of gear!

Did you get it new or used? If you dont mind me asking how much did this set you back?

Never have had the chance to use one.
Alex

Stumbled across it for $285 shipped.  Soundwise, I love it.  I use it primarily as a dac, but it drives my HD800's
well and the ZMF Attiticus as well. 
Hibuck...

sacguy231

« Reply #51 on: 20 Aug 2019, 03:37 pm »
Good morning all (brand new here).  I'm sipping my thermos of piping hot coffee, hoping to wake up, and can't stop thinking about my listening session last night!  I recently moved to a new house, and of course rearranged my whole setup (as one does) and also treated myself to a few new goodies...it's only money  :o

I do a ton of headphone listening and last month bought a pair of Focal Clears to add to the collection (I had previously purchased the Elears and didn't care for them, ended up returning them). I have been listening to them a lot the last few weeks and am thoroughly happy with them. Recently, I heard good things about the RME ADI-2dac/headphone amp and bit the bullet. It arrived the other day, and I have been spending unhealthy amounts of time listening to the combo. What a singing pair. I find myself going back and listening to all sorts of things with a new perspective.

Anyway, I'm here at the office and desperately trying to focus when all I really want to do it go back home, get comfortable, and sit on the floor with my headphones, some dark roast, and a good album.    Sigh

Jay

adydula

• Facilitator
« Reply #52 on: 21 Aug 2019, 02:55 pm »
Hey sacguy231,

Welcome to the circle....

Interesting on the Focal Clears....nice headphones for sure, wish someone around Raleigh NC has a pair so I could finally hear these. Lots of great buzzetc about Focals.

Also congrats on your new toy! Its nice to get new stuff and then go back ans listen to your collection of music all over again in a new light.

This week it my Schitt week, rotating thru my amps...so its the Schitt Valhalla 2 in the spot with the Schitt BIMBY MB.
Listeing this am with the Senn HD 600's and once again I have forgotten how well this combination works....

For some uncanny reason these 300 ohm cans with this Valhalla 2 amp is really superb. Each an every song is like alive...so sweet to me.

Sweet in not softm but just really great overall musical experience..and this is what I think most of us are after...

Again Welcome!

Alex

adydula

• Facilitator
« Reply #53 on: 18 Sep 2019, 02:03 pm »
Good Morning All!

Sitting here this am listening with HD600's via the BIFROST MB with Schitts magical (IMO) Unison USB Interface...and the tubey Vahalla 2!

So far this am: Jimmie Smith and Dot Com Blues, Excellent...then LeAnn Rimes, LeeAnn Rimes, excellent then Spyro Gyra, Dreams Beyond Control also excellent.

I listen to a wide varierty of music but like the well mastered stuff and when the two coincide its awesome..

Just had some peanut butter toast and a banana!! Almost like Elvis!

Hope things are well with you all out there! ...and now for some Eva Cassidy!

Alex

:D

Tyson

« Reply #54 on: 18 Sep 2019, 02:40 pm »
Today I am drinking my lovely cold brewed coffee listening to the Martinu cello sonatas streamed via my all tube system upstairs in my office area.  Very nice way to start the day.  Martinu is interesting, he's kind of like 'the Hungarian version of Prokofiev' if I had to try to describe his sound. 

brooklyn

« Reply #55 on: 18 Sep 2019, 05:23 pm »
Alex,

Funny you should mention LeAnne Rimes. While I’m not a big Country Music fan I do listen to her
occasionally like the other night. I love the way she sings the song “Blue” which I believe was to
be a Patsy Cline song, her voice is magical when she sings it. If you haven’t heard it, give it a try.
It’s also very well recorded..

Oh yeah, my morning coffee was at McDonalds. I had the the senior coffee (50 cents) and my
wife and I had a bacon egg and cheese biscuit.. 2 for one with a coupon.. yummy.. lol

Jerry

adydula

• Facilitator
« Reply #56 on: 18 Sep 2019, 07:07 pm »
Jerry,

I too am not a big country fan, especially of the more modern stuff...but I do enjoy a great voice, and LeAnn Rimes certaintly fits the bill for me.
Also Allison Krauss has some excellent recordings as well.

I have several of Rimes albums and some are really very well mastered and recorded...and yes I have listened to "Blue" many times and its magical to me...

This coming from a 70 yr old that likes the Beatles, The Stones, Eric Clapton, Joni Mitchell, Seals and Croft. etc ...etc...etc.

There was a time I thought good Jazz was totally instrumental and bypassed anything that had a jazz singer in it. Seemed the voice of the singer got in the way
of the instruments and the band....oh my!

McDonalds!! Today is national cheeseburger day, 2 for a buck at McD's!!! LOL

Old school here through and through!!

Alex

adydula

• Facilitator
« Reply #57 on: 21 Sep 2019, 12:11 pm »
Morning All!

First cup of Peets Major Dickersons!.....banana and a piece of strawberry cake!  :D

Testing this morning with the T1's and the Clears across amps.

Really a big difference in the two cans....posted in the Focal discussion thread.

Both good, but one is IMO much "better" for all around musical presentation.

Its a wonderful sturday here in Raleigh NC, getting on to cooler days finally...and the autumn leaves in the mountains are turning.

Time to take a trip up to Blowing Rock!

Alex

adydula

• Facilitator
« Reply #58 on: 25 Sep 2019, 02:51 pm »
Dont know if I shared this one with you all...

https://www.amazon.com/Verse-Patricia-Barber/dp/B0002B25DC/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=patricia+barber+verse&qid=1569422766&s=music&sr=1-1

One of the BEST recorded CD's I have ever heard....

It may not be your "type" of music but for tonality, clarity, uncompressed its a 10 out of a 10..

Alex

Wind Chaser

« Reply #59 on: 25 Sep 2019, 03:17 pm »
There’s some good material on that disc but I don’t think it’s her best work.