Stacking equiptment

sresener

Stacking equiptment
« on: 29 May 2019, 02:08 am »
I have a mch-k38 and I used it to test the quality of my rca cables. I use it to test my cables, if I place a cable directly  over the power supply side and it really can introduce A LOT of noise. My question is if I placed it in a rack how far away does the component above or below it need to be. Or should I keep equipment like this on its own away from everything.

Also does the ac-4 need to be kept at a  distance also.

Im asking since I have to buy or design a rack system to accommodate a mch-k38, two evo amps, a evo dac, two ac4's, my mind2 streamer and my avr.

JackD

Re: Stacking equiptment
« Reply #1 on: 29 May 2019, 03:03 am »
You don't want signal carrying cables (IC's and SC's) in close proximity to power supplies or line conditioners.  As you found out if you do you get noise.  Are you buying an off the shelf rack or having one built? Most off the shelf racks will have seven to nine inches between shelves with more for the bottom shelf.  Those distances are fine if the equipment fits which the low height Nuprime gear will.

sresener

« Reply #2 on: 29 May 2019, 11:35 pm »
I am still thinking about what im doing. But I had the idea that the 3 nuprime evolution pieces should be ahead on low amp stands. and my two streamers would be directly below the evolution dac on the center amp stand. They would simply sit on a on a slab of somthing below.

The equipment in the back, I was thinking about using amp stands on a custom made filled with sand pedestal. (I would make this)

I have to keep everything low because there is a acoustic projection screen that drops out of the ceiling. (and I still want to see the equipment)

I was just wondering since my mch-k38 can introduce a ton of noise into a cable that it might cause issues with equipment even a few inches away. And im not sure about the ac4's either. (I don't have them yet)

rustydoglim

« Reply #3 on: 30 May 2019, 07:49 pm »
As long as the signal cables are not right on top of power supply, it is ok, there is no need to keep it far away.
Just think about this: inside the amp or DAC, the power supply is sitting right next to the amp board.

sresener

« Reply #4 on: 9 Jun 2019, 04:59 pm »
I understand that but being safe I ordered 6 stackable amp stands, I want options.

I just check all my tracking numbers and my cables, nuprime equipment and stands are all coming Wednesday.

Atm I kinda feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. :)