Re: NEW ZenWave PSR-14 UPOCC Silver Ribbon Power Cable
« Reply #60 on: 30 Aug 2019, 01:12 am »
Cool. Good to know. Thanks Dave

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #61 on: 30 Aug 2019, 01:52 am »
No problem Ernie, be happy to send you the DSR and D4s together to see what you think. :)

Burt, good to see the cable arrived quickly and safely! Thanks for the initial report and pics, usually cables take a few days to settle down after shipping, so it should get even better.

Pic of the new DSR Interconnect Cables with RCA plugs:

Ern Dog

« Reply #62 on: 30 Aug 2019, 04:50 am »
Wowza!!!!  YES, thanks so much Dave. I’ll take this into PM.

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #63 on: 20 Sep 2019, 01:46 pm »
A new comment on the ZenWave PSR-14 vs Audioquest DRAGON!

This comment is exactly why I wanted to use UPOCC silver ribbon for this cable, UPOCC silver is often perceived as thin or dry sounding, the ribbon type wire is not. :) With this cable you get body, tone, clarity and dynamics that are on a whole 'nother level vs cables like Furutech DPS-4 and even the AQ Dragon. This is a 5-figure power cable for an amazing price!

This cable is pretty incredible for the price. I would say it’s comparable to the AQ Dragon in almost every respect and that cable retails for $4200 due to the solid core perfect surface silver. The main difference between them is the PSR-14 has a much sweeter treble, which is addictive to listen to over long periods of time and never causes fatigue. Ergonomically, the PSR-14 wins hands down and was very easy to move into both the wall and the DAC. The Furutech connectors are simply outstanding! The detail retrieval is easily in a class of its own and I suspect comparable to many of the other uber expensive power cables...

kngale1

« Reply #64 on: 21 Sep 2019, 01:15 am »
A new comment on the ZenWave PSR-14 vs Audioquest DRAGON!

This comment is exactly why I wanted to use UPOCC silver ribbon for this cable, UPOCC silver is often perceived as thin or dry sounding, the ribbon type wire is not. :) With this cable you get body, tone, clarity and dynamics that are on a whole 'nother level vs cables like Furutech DPS-4 and even the AQ Dragon. This is a 5-figure power cable for an amazing price!
Do you offer a 10 or 12 gauge PSR-14?  If you do, what's the price?

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #65 on: 21 Sep 2019, 02:12 pm »
Do you offer a 10 or 12 gauge PSR-14?  If you do, what's the price?

Yes, a PSR-11 11g silver ribbon cable is on the way! Price will be about 50% more vs the 14g version, so about $3750.

pursuitofnow

« Reply #66 on: 21 Sep 2019, 03:29 pm »
Dave, speaking of the PSR-11, what would you say are the sonic differences compared to the PSR-14? Would the same differences I hear between gauges with copper cables apply here?

Silver power cables are a new world to me, but after hearing the PSR-14 in my system, I am sold on the positive difference they can have.

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #67 on: 21 Sep 2019, 06:39 pm »
Dave, speaking of the PSR-11, what would you say are the sonic differences compared to the PSR-14? Would the same differences I hear between gauges with copper cables apply here?

Silver power cables are a new world to me, but after hearing the PSR-14 in my system, I am sold on the positive difference they can have.

I think so but I'll comment more on the 11g version after thorough testing. It's pretty likely some components will be better with 11 and some better w/14g.

The 11g version won't be shielded and is intended for large amps or power conditioners, the 14g is shielded and will be better with most sources and preamps. For PCs I feel amps like a larger gauge and no shield, the shield can dull transients a bit. For sources and pres it can improve clarity. I think the 14g cable will work great on many smaller amps, after all 14g wire is rated to carry 1800 watts in your 120V AC system.

pursuitofnow

« Reply #68 on: 22 Sep 2019, 07:34 pm »
Thanks, Dave. Can't wait to hear your thoughts after some testing.