Speaker cables on AKSA

jules

Speaker cables on AKSA
« Reply #40 on: 18 Feb 2005, 09:41 pm »
the youth of today  :nono:

By now I imagine he's graduated to 3 litre bottles of coke. Whatever happened to the simple pleasures of life  :roll:

jules

Seano

Speaker cables on AKSA
« Reply #41 on: 28 Feb 2005, 05:16 am »
I'd just like to say that Kyrill is a genius.......and as funny as hell!!!!!!!!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

AKSA

Speaker cables on AKSA
« Reply #42 on: 28 Feb 2005, 11:26 am »
Yes, Kyrill can be funny, but he has considerable wisdom too, and in the world of hifi a great deal of this audiophilia nervosa thing is based strongly on psychology!

BTW, Kyrill, I'm beginning to hear improvements in that CD mat you gave me!  Thank you again!

Cheers,

Hugh

Martin

Speaker cables on AKSA
« Reply #43 on: 28 Feb 2005, 02:46 pm »
Oh, but what a fine deception we find ourselves in to be sure.
 "Beauty in the eye of the beholder"
 Cheers
Martin

EchiDna

Speaker cables on AKSA
« Reply #44 on: 28 Feb 2005, 11:49 pm »
Kyrill, while i appreciate the joke, you should know that in all seriousness reverse osmosis water is BAD for your health in the long run... it effectively leaches metals from your body, stuff we need in our diet - thus if you exclusively drink and consume only RO water, you can end up with dietary mineral and metal deficiencies - then you will need to either ensure other dietary sources or take supplements to top up your iron, calcium etc etc.......  :oops: appologies to everyone else who doesn't give a toss about their water quality, but as this hits on my work area, I thought I'd add the sobering truth of how we can be misled by marketing hype in areas other than hifi ;-)

Seano

Speaker cables on AKSA
« Reply #45 on: 1 Mar 2005, 05:48 am »
Hey Echidna, you a WQ dude too?

Personally I'd have thought that all the other crap we eat would cover for the real deficiencies of consuming RO water. Hope so cause heaps of small water utilities out this way are turning to RO where raw water supplies are tending to be salty. But then all the usual crud in the distribution system should fix some of the vitamin and mineral deficiencies before the water reaches the average punter

According to my taste buds though RO water tastes of nothing.  I'd prefer if we could figure out a way to have all tap water taste like tap water in Hobart.....for example.  Now that'd be great use of technology.

Now...........back to that supa doopa wobbly wound cryogenically treated and God kissed speaker cable.

Occam

Speaker cables on AKSA
« Reply #46 on: 1 Mar 2005, 02:13 pm »
Veering away from the epistemological/aqueous....
Gordy suggested these cables a while ago -
http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue18/anticables.htm
the same price as the Tara TFA II w/return, but with their own similar, architectural appeal, in a sorta hairshit way....

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Speaker cables on AKSA
« Reply #47 on: 1 Mar 2005, 02:38 pm »
Quote from: Occam
Veering away from the epistemological/aqueous....
Gordy suggested these cables a while ago -
http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue18/anticables.htm
the same price as the Tara TFA II w/return, but with their own similar, architectural appeal, in a sorta hairshit way....
Ahhh, using those big words again...."hairshit".....I'll have to look that one up. :?
    The review was written by Mad DOg , a member here. I'm sure if anyone has any questions about the cable, he maybe able to answer them. :) [/list:u]

Gordy

Speaker cables on AKSA
« Reply #48 on: 1 Mar 2005, 03:01 pm »
As you pointed out to me, Occam, that "ultra thin coating" is an enamel... none too hardy for some environments.  Fried roof rabbit anyone?

Occam

Speaker cables on AKSA
« Reply #49 on: 1 Mar 2005, 04:00 pm »
Chris - Thats HAIRSHIRT!! :lol:
Dunno if that was a Freudian slip or just my dyslexia....

Some of those 'enamel' coatings can be quite tough with a nylon overcoating. But then again, it has a very Darwinian appeal. There are some posters on these boards that I'd like to encourage to experiment with them as powercords.... :wink:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Speaker cables on AKSA
« Reply #50 on: 1 Mar 2005, 04:48 pm »
Quote from: Occam
Chris - Thats HAIRSHIRT!! :lol:
Dunno if that was a Freudian slip or just my dyslexia....

Some of those 'enamel' coatings can be quite tough with a nylon overcoating. But then again, it has a very Darwinian appeal. There are some posters on these boards that I'd like to encourage to experiment with them as powercords.... :wink:
:?  :?  :?  No wonder I couldn't find it in Webster's....... :lol:

Gordy

Speaker cables on AKSA
« Reply #51 on: 1 Mar 2005, 04:48 pm »
Hence the 3 ft. "speaker wire" you sent me :?

Yet another option, Chris @ VH Audio offers teflon sheathed, solid core 18awg cryo'd hook up wire at $1.00 a foot...  http://venhaus1.com/VH_Audio_Test.html#VH18HOOKUP

kyrill

Speaker cables on AKSA
« Reply #52 on: 1 Mar 2005, 08:07 pm »
Ah.. lovely good old people. Don't forget even the young are old, older than time ever can be, but still young in eternity  :mrgreen:

The water story was a metaphor I hope you all can see.

Pure water alone is very, very bad for yr health in certain quantities, yes . 1,7 gallon will actually kill you ..

However I agree with Seano "..all the other crap we eat would cover for the real deficiencies of consuming RO water. "

As long as my watery waste is mostly still sunlight coloured or darker, I am not afraid..

As for the mat, dear Hugh you need another mod on yr old beloved cd player to really appreciate the transparency of the mat thru the AKSA's, unless you use it as a transport only with the DAKSA. If not you surely need a precision clock
My mistake, also as a dedicated transport yr Japanese player will benefit enormously from a higly stable clock with its own highly clean and stable pws.