After market power cords.

opnly bafld

Re: After market power cords.
« Reply #220 on: 13 May 2019, 03:56 pm »
I guess I have mostly switched to a background music lover. At times I just stream Amazon music through my echo dot into my audio system. If the sound is too bright and thin, I just turn the volume down where it will not hurt my ears.

Fixed it for you.  :)

gberger

• Check 6
« Reply #221 on: 13 May 2019, 04:25 pm »
Elizabeth wrote:  "Best tasting are 1950's Mono LP covers."

That may be true for you youngsters; however, I'd like to say the glue used on those beautiful seals used to identify the composer, orchestra and performers on the RCA Red Seal 12" 78s was beyond superb.

Further, those old Red Seal 68's were played on classic wind-up Victrolas (no electricity, so no power cable dissonances).  In those days, the continuing discussions centered on the type of cactus needles used in the tonearm.   Saguaro, Prickly Pear and Barrel Cactus needles all had their proponents.

Me? I preferred the Prickly Pear, as several microns of the juice might find way to the needle tip, adding favorable highlights to the violins.

George   (The Old Fud)

OzarkTom

« Reply #222 on: 13 May 2019, 05:06 pm »
Fixed it for you.  :)

I have several set-ups. I still like Qubuz the best. Much better sounding than Amazon. I am anxious to see what Amazon brings to the table this fall in their higher quality streaming.