Stiletto 15 - Preliminary Discussion Thread

Vinnie R.

Re: Stiletto 15 - Preliminary Discussion Thread
« Reply #20 on: 9 May 2019, 03:43 pm »
Thanks for all your feedback so far!

Quote from: jriggy
I’d say ‘yes’ on the split/two piece grill.

That is what I am thinking as well.  It will add a little bit of character, but it will be kept subtle with minimal gap between
the two grills. 

Regarding the 3 feet, the updated design will weight at least 100lbs (with the majority of the weight is in the bottom half, as tony mentioned above) and will be very stable.  The Stiletto prototype at Axpona had 3 feet and was SOLID.

I prefer 3 feet because they work better with uneven floors, and it will be easier to make a tilt adjustment if wanted to play with that - simply by adjusting the one rear spike. 

I updated the image on our website: https://www.vinnierossi.com/stiletto-15/
but keep in mind that we're still finalizing the design and will have many more pics to share soon enough.

Thanks again,

Vinnie

soulforged

« Reply #21 on: 9 May 2019, 08:18 pm »
I somehow liked the Axpona version better. But this one looks good too! I'd probably go with two-piece grill with the logo in between  :)

Tyson

« Reply #22 on: 9 May 2019, 08:46 pm »
Agreed, 2 piece grill will look killer.

sounddog

« Reply #23 on: 11 May 2019, 06:50 pm »
Vinnie, while I was OK with the look of the prototype at Axpona (and loved the sound), I do prefer the more refined appearance in your recent rendering.

HanaEyes

« Reply #24 on: 17 May 2019, 01:22 pm »
The current ones kinda look like upside-down coffins  :lol:

RoadTripper

« Reply #25 on: 17 May 2019, 01:35 pm »
Yeah. My first thought was Egyptian.

Vinnie R.

« Reply #26 on: 18 May 2019, 12:01 am »
The current ones kinda look like upside-down coffins  :lol:

Hey HanaEyes,

I'm going to improve upon that...

Quote from: RoadTripper
Yeah. My first thought was Egyptian.

Hi RT,

Cool - but not quite the impression that I am trying to give.  I will try some more refinements.

Quote from: sounddog
Vinnie, while I was OK with the look of the prototype at Axpona (and loved the sound), I do prefer the more refined appearance in your recent rendering.

Hi sounddog,

Thank you!

Quote from: tyson
Agreed, 2 piece grill will look killer.

Hey Tyson,

Yes - 2 piece, with maybe some gap in between (perhaps 0.5").  I have to play with it.

Quote from: soulforged
I somehow liked the Axpona version better. But this one looks good too! I'd probably go with two-piece grill with the logo in between  :)

Hi soulforged,

I'm concerned that the logo in the center will be too distracting, and difficult to do if the gap between the grills is not a straight line.
So for now, I am opting to put it on the base.  And on the binding post plate on the back.

Things have been a bit busy and I do need to get back to finalizing the Stiletto design.  Once I have it wrapped up, I'll have a better idea when they will go into production and then be ready to ship.

Thanks again , everyone!

Vinnie
« Last Edit: 20 May 2019, 04:03 pm by Vinnie R. »