Dragon Inspire IHA-1 by Dennis Had - SOLD

Randy Myers

Dragon Inspire IHA-1 by Dennis Had - SOLD
« on: 25 Mar 2019, 07:55 pm »
I am offering the rare Dragon Inspire IHA-1 by Dennis Had. This is the renowned headphone amplifier that is built by Dennis himself. Being that he makes these by hand they are rarely seen available for sale. The unit also has the pre-amplifier outputs.

I am including two sets of NOS tubes. The ones ordered with the unit, 2x Sylvania 6sn7 tubes and a Westinghouse Rectifier. I am also including 2x RCA Gray Glass (vt231, substitute for 6sn7) and a very special Phillips Rectifier which has been rated as one of the absolute best of the best! I will also throw in a JJ Rectifier simply because I have no other use for it :)...

With the included NOS tubes and the pre-amp outs, the unit would normally sell for over $2200. I am offering it for $1400 with all the listed tubes.

The Dragon is hand signed and dated by Dennis himself on the bottom. The date is 3/2018. It has seen very little use.

I have the original box (very plan Jane box) that it was sent in.

This is a rare Collectors Piece!

I will only ship to the lower 48.

Please let me know if you have any questions.  E-mail is randypmyers@charter.net

« Last Edit: 7 Apr 2019, 08:29 pm by Randy Myers »

Randy Myers

Re: Dragon Inspire IHA-1 by Dennis Had
« Reply #1 on: 25 Mar 2019, 09:49 pm »
I had a member email and ask about a remote control for this unit.

I just wanted to make sure that everyone knows this piece does not have a remote.  Dennis builds the headphone amp the way he used to build his Cary line, manual switches and knobs.  Top quality and the feel that none of these new designs can match. 

He makes these amps himself, by hand, as his "retirement project", and they are fantastic, but of course they are always going to be rare...  I also love the way he signs and dates the amp on the bottom... pretty cool actually!

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #2 on: 26 Mar 2019, 06:06 pm »
I got to hear it at the last RMAF in the massive canjam section.  It's a phenomenally good amp. 

Randy Myers

« Reply #3 on: 26 Mar 2019, 06:21 pm »
Thank you Tyson,

I do admit that I will miss the Dragon though; however I am selling a few pieces to finance the new pre-amplifier that is now in bound :).
« Last Edit: 26 Mar 2019, 09:29 pm by Randy Myers »

Randy Myers

« Reply #4 on: 1 Apr 2019, 11:52 am »
Reduced price...  $999 plus shipping and PayPal.... still including all the NOS tubes!!!
« Last Edit: 7 Apr 2019, 02:07 pm by Randy Myers »

Randy Myers

« Reply #5 on: 7 Apr 2019, 02:09 pm »
Bump

This has been sold.
« Last Edit: 7 Apr 2019, 08:29 pm by Randy Myers »