Recommendation for $4000 USD or lower high quality turntable

vinylvalet

Re: Recommendation for $4000 USD or lower high quality turntable
« Reply #60 on: 20 Dec 2020, 09:36 pm »
There is a $10k like new Pear Audio Kid Thomas on Audio Asylum Trader for $4995. Multiple rave reviews. Stereophile class A and TAS Editors Choice 2020. You might want to make the stretch.

charmerci

« Reply #61 on: 20 Dec 2020, 11:07 pm »
There is a $10k like new Pear Audio Kid Thomas on Audio Asylum Trader for $4995. Multiple rave reviews. Stereophile class A and TAS Editors Choice 2020. You might want to make the stretch.

He bought a Tempered Labs tables. See a few posts earlier.

Jspagat

« Reply #62 on: 22 Dec 2020, 11:34 am »
I have a Well Tempered Labs Amadeus GTA mk1 that sounds good and is easy to set up.  However I’m not in love with the DIY nylon-string belt...

sktn77a

« Reply #63 on: 9 Jan 2021, 01:57 am »
I know all the Audio Circle Members love to here updates to threads. Last night I picked up my Well Tempered Lab Amadeus GTA MK2. Hopefully this table will be with me for many years.  The table is a DEMO unit in mint condition, with all packaging and accessories. The dealer gave me 40 percent off retail so it turned out to be in my budget. The table looks and feels very solid. Thanks everyone for their input

Congrats on the Well Tempered purchase!  For anyone else in a similar situation, I wouldn't exclude the Linn LP12 Majik.  Since the subchassis and Karousel bearing updates, It's quite an impressive 'table that can be updated as/if/when you desire. 

RPM123

« Reply #64 on: 9 Jan 2021, 02:23 am »
I have a Well Tempered Labs Amadeus GTA mk1 that sounds good and is easy to set up.  However I’m not in love with the DIY nylon-string belt...

If you send a self addressed stamped envelope to Mike Pranka the importer, he will send you several pre-made belts. Enjoy your WTT!

http://www.dynavector-usa.com/

VinceT

« Reply #65 on: 9 Jan 2021, 04:54 am »
Love my WTL, great turntable.

Congrats to the OP