Highlevel subwoofer connection

JackD

Re: Highlevel subwoofer connection
« Reply #20 on: 7 Mar 2019, 03:42 pm »
Try connecting the REL ground wire to the chassis ground screw on the rear of the amp or to ground on another piece of gear.

shektau6

« Reply #21 on: 7 Mar 2019, 05:58 pm »
The black (ground) wire is connecting to ST-10's ground output. ST-10 has it in the back panel. Not sure does the other models has it.

THe IDA-8 doesn't has the ground out like the ST-10. Can I use any chassis screw for ground (i see a big screw at the bottom of the chassis so I might try that).

Is it safe to the ground it the the electric ground output as well (we have UK type outlet) as I don't have other equipment nearby i can use...

Phil A

« Reply #22 on: 7 Mar 2019, 06:19 pm »
THe IDA-8 doesn't has the ground out like the ST-10. Can I use any chassis screw for ground (i see a big screw at the bottom of the chassis so I might try that).

Is it safe to the ground it the the electric ground output as well (we have UK type outlet) as I don't have other equipment nearby i can use...

Rel also offers this guidance - https://relsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004649588-How-do-I-stop-my-subwoofer-from-humming-

While I didn't have a hum issue, I did connect in my main system (where I have a Class D amp) an unused RCA input on the preamp to the Rels.  The IDA-8 does have an analog input (unless you're using it).

shektau6

« Reply #23 on: 7 Mar 2019, 06:43 pm »
Rel also offers this guidance - https://relsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004649588-How-do-I-stop-my-subwoofer-from-humming-

While I didn't have a hum issue, I did connect in my main system (where I have a Class D amp) an unused RCA input on the preamp to the Rels.  The IDA-8 does have an analog input (unless you're using it).

I already connect the LFE/.1 input to my soundbar so in theory it should have provided the ground it needs...