What are the latest company updates for Vapor Audio?

EdRo

• Facilitator
Re: What are the latest company updates for Vapor Audio?
« Reply #20 on: 13 Mar 2019, 01:59 am »
Hey guys. Sorry it's taken me awhile to get things going. I'm working on 2 new prototypes. One is a smaller 2-way. The other is a tower slated to have either a beryllium dome or RAAL tweet and Audiotech mid. Possibly 2 woofers would round it out.

EdRo

• Facilitator
« Reply #21 on: 13 Mar 2019, 11:04 am »
Sorry for the lack of detail about these two new prototypes. I attempted my above entry with my tiny phone! The smaller stand speaker will be around 19.5" tall, 14.5" deep and 9" wide. It will use a 6" Tang Band woofer and a Morel silk dome tweeter. The components and crossovers are finalized for this cab. It's name for now is the "Mini-VonOtto". The big tower is my next attempt at a larger cab, but will be able to fit in a smaller room without overpowering it. Both of these cabs are based on the construction methods that I worked out with my VonOtto prototype. I know that the look of these cabs is different from the Aurora and Nimbus. I wanted to remove wood from the build, to eliminate swelling and shrinking from moisture changes, which can lead to finish issues. These new shapes are designed with efficiency and performance in mind. Instead of building a cab with wood then adding vibration reducing materials, the walls themselves are cast from those vibration eliminating materials. Curves are used throughout the shape to add strength, eliminate internal standing waves, and give visual balance to the form. I'm very proud of these two new cab designs. If anyone has some feedback, I'd love to hear it!
Thanks!
Ed

audioengr

« Reply #22 on: 13 Mar 2019, 04:12 pm »
Ed - it would be nice to get an update on where the business stands now.  I know that Ryan raised his prices.  Did Ryan hire some help?  Is the lead-time getting smaller?  Has he scaled-up his shop and made some investment?  Who covers customer service?  Are his more affordable speakers still being made by the other company?

The speakers are outstanding, but it' s hard to recommend them when the wait was so painful.

Thanks,
Steve N.
Nimbus owner
Empirical Audio

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #23 on: 13 Mar 2019, 04:39 pm »
Hey Ed! Nice to see you still working at it!

Any chance you could tell us how Ryan is doing overall?

EdRo

• Facilitator
« Reply #24 on: 13 Mar 2019, 05:32 pm »
Ryan is doing better. Thanks for the continued concern guys.

EdRo

• Facilitator
« Reply #25 on: 13 Mar 2019, 07:33 pm »
I don't mean to be vague, but while I think things are finishing up, I don't know any particulars. Ryan mentioned a possible meeting coming soon. He has so many things to finish that he can now get done, that I think all of us don't know the extent of. His passion for building world beating speakers is still there. Of that I am sure.

Duke

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.audiokinesis.com
« Reply #26 on: 14 Mar 2019, 02:42 am »
I miss Ryan kicking my @$$ at audio shows.   He made strive to up my game again and again.

Hey Ryan if you see this, you better bring it next show we both do!  'Cause I intend to make you work for another one of those "Best In Show" titles!!

All of my best wishes to you and yours.

Duke