Help with screw type

Barfbagger

Help with screw type
« on: 28 Sep 2019, 02:01 pm »
Sorry to butt in but I need help with the screw type of my Vapor Breeze speakers, I really love them and I am just doing some maintenance by snugging the screws however I can’t find the right head,  I believe they are a security torx so I went and purchased a set however they do not fit it, T10 is too small and a T15 is too big...it’s a head scratcher...the only thing I can think of is the set I bought off Amazon is a cheap Chinese set and is not correct sizing.... or maybe it’s  a different screw... can someone help..?? Thanks so much in advance...from a happy Vapor owner

1968Kadett

Re: Help with screw type
« Reply #1 on: 28 Sep 2019, 10:32 pm »
Hello, I have a pair of Vapor Nimbus. The screws that fasten the drivers to the cabinet are 5-point star with security pin. They are not standard 6-point star Torx. After a bit of online searching I discovered that my local auto supply store carried a socket set, brand name Duralast.
Hopefully yours might be the same as the Nimbus. Good luck!!

EdRo

Re: Help with screw type
« Reply #2 on: 28 Sep 2019, 11:29 pm »
Thanks 1968 Kadet! I build the cabs. I'm not sure of the hardware Ryan used. Any new cabs I build I'll have control of the fasteners used, and any fasteners I use will be easily replaced if needed.